U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 02:41 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,144,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raithfan View Post
I can support stopping that kind of assclownery!

Old 03-25-2014, 02:52 PM

527 posts, read 636,678 times
Quote:
Yeah Mike...I hate my kids. We all do. The BOE hates them too and wants them all to fail miserably and leave the county so they can develop their land and sell it for profit.
This is my problem with the sheep on this forum, and this is how you people twist words. I suggest you question the BOE on neighborhood schools and your response is to insinuate that I think you hate your kids.... nice, real nice

Old 03-25-2014, 03:02 PM

397 posts, read 518,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
This is my problem with the sheep on this forum, and this is how you people twist words. I suggest you question the BOE on neighborhood schools and your response is to insinuate that I think you hate your kids.... nice, real nice
WaxhawMike said: "Great question, you should ask the BOE... If you really care that is"

Anyone else think I'm twisting? You insinuate that I don't care and YOU get insulted. Really?

Old 03-25-2014, 03:07 PM

985 posts, read 1,650,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
I heard 10,000. Agree the above number doesn't make sense.
sorry, I heard 15,000 I was in a hurry earlier when I wrote 5x I meant more like 2.5x

because the truth is 5,800 are not moving. I have heard some neighborhoods will have 100% of people staying with the grandfather clause for high schools

Old 03-25-2014, 03:14 PM

8 posts, read 12,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobertson005 View Post
I would really like to see how someone comes up with a student going to the 4th or 5th closest school. Maybe any type of school (i.e. they are a high schooler and there are elementary and middle schools closer), but no way they are being moved from High School A to High School B and there are 3-4 other High Schools that are closer.

Also, I also don't believe when people say they will pass by their old school or sometimes 2 other schools in going to their new school. I guess if they take a crazy route they could force this to happen, but I am pretty sure that will not be the bus route.

Maybe I am totally wrong. But I have lived in UC for quite a while, and driven on these "dangerous" roads a long time. I don't see how that could happen.
The neighborhoods on the South end of Hwy 16 in Waxhaw are closer to Cuthbertson Middle -3 miles, Marvin Ridge Middle- 5 miles and Weddington Middle- 7 miles but are being redistricted to Parkwood Middle- 11 miles, so yes it is the 4th closest middle school.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:29 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,144,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewith3 View Post
sorry, I heard 15,000 I was in a hurry earlier when I wrote 5x I meant more like 2.5x

because the truth is 5,800 are not moving. I have heard some neighborhoods will have 100% of people staying with the grandfather clause for high schools
We won't know this until all grandfather requests have come in. I seriously doubt that 100% of any neighborhood will get grandfathered. Transportation issues, after school issues, sports (if they invoke the no play for transfers/grandfathers) etc. would make that virtually impossible.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:36 PM

18 posts, read 19,564 times
My apologies jlat and ILoveWaxhaw, I stand corrected on that matter.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:42 PM

527 posts, read 636,678 times
Quote:
WaxhawMike said: "Great question, you should ask the BOE... If you really care that is"

Anyone else think I'm twisting? You insinuate that I don't care and YOU get insulted. Really?
What part of that translates to you hating your kids? The "if you really care" comment was in reference to your undying love for Yercheck

Old 03-25-2014, 03:46 PM

124 posts, read 139,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchammer View Post
What have you done UC? Parents have been flooding the BOE meetings in the past? that would be a NO. I have been to BOE meetings long before this redistricting issue and there were more crickets in the audience than people. I have never heard anyone speak out about the roof in SV prior to redistricting. so I don't know what you claimed to have been doing, but it wasn't working to well....you talk about the mold issue since 2006. WHY ARENT THOSE PARENTS OF STUDENTS THAT ARE GOING TO THOSE SCHOOLS SCREAMING....PICKETING....DOING SOMETHING TO CALL ATTENTION TO IT??????????GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDE AND DO SOMETHING as opposed to waiting for someone else to rescue you. I don't want you holding my hand UC, but don't expect me to hold your hand and fix something in your backyard. Put on your big boy pants and do something about it instead of accepting it with the reasoning of "duhhhhh, I guess it will get done whenever, its ok little johnny, we will keep refilling your inhaler because you cant breathe"....sheesh
How funny in this day of technology you seem to think that the only way to contact a rep is via a meeting. Let's see, there's email, there's snail mail, there's twitter, there's facebook and it also happens to help if you know a few on the board that you can pick up the phone and give them a call. But when you keep being told that the money has dried up, there's none to expend well there's not much you can do but rob a bank and take it to them. Lol, oh you're so funny with your rage going on. You put the rabid face on that little group so well, congrats.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:09 PM

124 posts, read 139,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Kidd View Post
UCtaxpayer, you are right people should blame their local municipalities. But what do you say to the people who do NOT live in the municipalities that have screwed the pooch, Who cannot vote for or against these idiots that issued the local building permits - YET are being screwed and moved as well.

The people who do not live in these municipalities and cannot control the idiots that pass these permits should not be screwed because of their actions.
I hear you JD, I can empathize with that however all of those 4 municipalities had a hand in pushing those permits out the door. I believe Marvin finally came to their senses, a bit late though, and have stopped handing them out like lollipops. I know it's rough on some people but something had to be done. I read numerous posts from parents on the western side of the county complaining about crowded classrooms, about their kids not having a desk and having to sit on stools, complaining because they couldn't eat their lunch in the lunch room but having to take it back to their classrooms to eat. I even saw them asking the BOE to go ahead and make the decision because some schools have already started registering kids for classes/sports for next year. It's a sucky situation for sure just like it's been a sucky situation for parents trying to get repairs done at the older schools. Some people think you have to get enraged, run through people like a bull in a china shop tossing out their accusations claiming no parents or staff at these other schools weren't trying to get their schools fixed. How the heck would they know, they never came out of their comfortable little world to see the other schools and what's going on with them. It all boils down to money and when you have a BOCC that does every thing in their power NOT to give the schools money for repair, well here we are. You can stand outside a school all day long picketing, crying to the media but if the money isn't there it's just not there and no amount of screaming like a banshee will change that. Check with the principals at these schools and see how many times they have requested work to be done only to be told no can do, there's no money. I wish I had the answer but I truly don't, something had to be done. I still think that the 67% of the property tax that is supposed to go to the schools should be put in a fund with a citizen board, the BOE and the UCPS determining the priorities and how that money is divided up, keep the BOCC out of it altogether. That way the BOE and UCPS has the money to get the things done and don't keep getting the short end of the stick so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or