U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 10:38 PM

547 posts, read 536,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
LOL is this supposed to be considered real reporting?

Are they trying to say Millbridge was adjusted because of one e-mailer that doesn't even provide any details? I'd hope that if there was actually a "chain" that hinted at any "side-deal," they'd actually include that in the article. Like I don't know, maybe a response from Webb?

Otherwise, it looks like all she said was "I know of errors in the numbers." Isn't that essentially what the entire anti-redistricting crowd is saying that they're claiming no one is listening to? But all of the sudden they listened to one random woman and made a side-deal with her? OK then...
If I were Angry Dad I would be worried. He stated his conspiracy theory as fact in that news story. I think that citizen he was referring to has a good case for slander against Mr. Asbara.

I think that CAPS has overplayed their hand with this one. It looks like some of their supporters are wanting to distance themselves based on FB chatter.

Last edited by BubbaHelms; 05-05-2014 at 10:53 PM..

Old 05-05-2014, 10:46 PM

33 posts, read 48,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawdoc View Post
Thanks for connecting the dots. Isn't it funny how many times they lead back to the same DiBiasio? I need to know more about this cat. Maybe we can set Angry Dad and the CAPS investigative team loose on him... or are they part of his stable too?
Agreed.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:02 PM

547 posts, read 536,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawdoc View Post
Thanks for connecting the dots. Isn't it funny how many times they lead back to the same DiBiasio? I need to know more about this cat. Maybe we can set Angry Dad and the CAPS investigative team loose on him... or are they part of his stable too?
Scribe did appear to be in the thick of it. He was giving people teasers on the Village Scribe page. He was talking about the rumor he heard at the tracks in Waxhaw about certain BOE members and their friend in Waxhaw. He said the story would be on WCCB at 10. Pastry chef's wife was involved in the discussion. Funny, the post seems to have disappeared since the story ran. I find it interesting that JD KIDD has a copy of it after Scribe deleted it. Either he is a screenshoter or "is part of his stable too."

Last edited by BubbaHelms; 05-05-2014 at 11:12 PM..

Old 05-05-2014, 11:33 PM

33 posts, read 48,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
Scribe did appear to be in the thick of it. He was giving people teasers on the Village Scribe page. He was talking about the rumor he heard at the tracks in Waxhaw about certain BOE members and their friend in Waxhaw. He said the story would be on WCCB at 10. Pastry chef's wife was involved in the discussion. Funny, the post seems to have disappeared since the story ran. I find it interesting that JD KIDD has a copy of it after Scribe deleted it. Either he is a screenshoter or "is part of his stable too."
Actually i took it from his page moments before i posted it.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:57 AM

45,108 posts, read 17,925,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
FOX should be ashamed of themselves for running another conspiracy theory from Angry Dad with no corroboration or statement from the citizen whose privacy was violated.

Emails may be public information; but if disgruntled groups start fishing through emails, citizens will be discouraged from voicing any opinion at all to elected officials.

That attack was a blatant misuse of the discovery process. It is not meant to fish for information to make media attacks on fellow citizens.
WJZY news is brand new in that it is just 5 months old. They started this news broadcast after taking over the FOX affiliation from Wccb. Prior to that, they simply broadcasted a rebranded WBTVs news at 10pm

I am surprised they went there as it's unusual for a news organization to name individuals, not charged with a crime, and essentially accuse them of something based on no more he said/she said. In fact they implied an entire community and the BOE were involved in some sort of conspiracy based on nothing more than hearsay. This station really needs to get a clue.

IMO, the serious news in Charlotte is found on WSOC, WBTV and WCNC. If they aren't reporting it, then I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 05-06-2014 at 04:29 AM..

Old 05-06-2014, 06:24 AM

149 posts, read 477,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
CAPS and the spin zone hit a new low.
  1. This was a witch hunt for CC. Thousands of emails to sort through, but they had a short list of people they were going to start with.
  2. The spin zone was in full force and its no coincidence this ran the day before the primary. The mob of 3 are taking advantage of this (they are backed by the CAPS folks) and this story was highlighted on their personal pages, village scribe, Waxhaw Watertower, etc. Heck, the school issue is the only reason they are running.
  3. The accusation is so far fetched, but it gives them a "smoking gun" that doesn't exist on election day.
  4. That fox reporter has been in their back pocket the whole time and is their go to reporter. They type, he reads. If this were a real story with facts, the other stations would have reported on it. That news station is terrible by the way, so they'll accept anything that gets them an extra viewer.
  5. CC needs to sue fox, CAPS and angry dad.
Well the last minute attempt at manipulation worked for me. I was on the edge, seriously considering one or even two of 'the three'. This despicable, baseless and public attack on Connie W was WAY over the line, pushing both me and my husband to vote a straight "not the 3' ticket.

And yes, Connie W should sue, CAPS, WCCB and the individuals who have publicly named her a 'blackmailer".
This is as dirty as politics get, and Connie W was caught in the crossfire.
I've reached differing levels of disgust throughout this entire ordeal, but this is beyond dispicable.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:31 AM

343 posts, read 488,265 times
I also have decided to vote a "not the 3" ticket. Thanks!

Old 05-06-2014, 09:34 AM

397 posts, read 580,245 times
I can't believe that I somehow missed all of this B.S. I've been wrapped up in a friend's grieving over her 3 month old baby who died from SIDS a few weeks ago. Sat at a funeral with a two foot long casket in front of me as a new mother put to rest her first born. Now THAT'S a tragedy. I am so absolutely disgusted by this news. Just watched poor Connie's email being dragged through the dirt. How awful and sad. I sure hope she has the balls to stand tall and brush this nonsense off. Her email looks to me like the same tiring speech that I heard, one after another, at the public hearings. Does the common person really believe that this one email has the power to sway redistricting decisions?!?!?! Oh my GOD are some people twisted manipulators!!! I can't imagine that anyone living in Millbridge has such power. It's actually comical. This isn't a damn murder trial people, it's a school redistricting!!! As I sat beside my friend whose entire world was taken from her in just a few breaths, I remembered what our priorities SHOULD be. For any of you on here that can't seem to let this go and choose to drag others through the mud to pacify your passive aggressive desires, SHAME. Your kids are alive. They are breathing and living and here in the moment for you to love. Get off of your sorry pity pots already, stop the dramatic tantruming over "unfair" school lines and bussing, and spit the pacifier out already. It's getting ridiculously annoying and you are only making yourselves look like spoiled bullies.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 AM

98 posts, read 145,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawmom75 View Post
I can't believe that I somehow missed all of this B.S. I've been wrapped up in a friend's grieving over her 3 month old baby who died from SIDS a few weeks ago. Sat at a funeral with a two foot long casket in front of me as a new mother put to rest her first born. Now THAT'S a tragedy. I am so absolutely disgusted by this news. Just watched poor Connie's email being dragged through the dirt. How awful and sad. I sure hope she has the balls to stand tall and brush this nonsense off. Her email looks to me like the same tiring speech that I heard, one after another, at the public hearings. Does the common person really believe that this one email has the power to sway redistricting decisions?!?!?! Oh my GOD are some people twisted manipulators!!! I can't imagine that anyone living in Millbridge has such power. It's actually comical. This isn't a damn murder trial people, it's a school redistricting!!! As I sat beside my friend whose entire world was taken from her in just a few breaths, I remembered what our priorities SHOULD be. For any of you on here that can't seem to let this go and choose to drag others through the mud to pacify your passive aggressive desires, SHAME. Your kids are alive. They are breathing and living and here in the moment for you to love. Get off of your sorry pity pots already, stop the dramatic tantruming over "unfair" school lines and bussing, and spit the pacifier out already. It's getting ridiculously annoying and you are only making yourselves look like spoiled bullies.
Well said. Sorry for your friends loss. There are more important things in life to worry about. I've changed my opinion on a lot of things the past few months. Connie is getting a lot of support from people that don't even live in the neighborhood. It's just common sense. But I see that the person that is behind this is also running for a seat and looking for support. I hope it backfires on him. He showed up at our meeting saying he was sorry for the rumors and the petition that was out months ago. Saying he had no idea and trying to get his community off the hook.but now it comes to light that it was all a cover up. I wonder if his kids are affected since he works at Cuthbertson ? Seems like those CAPS lawyers are also looking for more money 50k and a golf outing to boot?? That's what you want to say in an email when asking for support huh?

Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 AM

45,108 posts, read 17,925,751 times
This is the party at WJZY who produced that story. Apparently he attended Weddington High School.

David Sentendrey - myfoxcarolinas.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or