U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2014, 09:06 AM

44,352 posts, read 17,707,490 times

Advertisements

Or irresponsible reporting. Rupert Murdoch (recently purchases WJZY/WMYT) has had his share of embarrassments due to actions of some of his media holdings over the last year or so. I would have thought that he might have told his upper management to push down some generic standards of cross checking field reporters before the stuff they come up with gets aired or printed.

As I said earlier, the real news is on WBTV, WSOC and WCNC.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:16 AM

46 posts, read 59,118 times
Well it will be interesting to see what they do. Are they really going to put themselves up against each other and cost the taxpayers $80,000 for a runoff that gives them a minority?

Old 05-07-2014, 09:18 AM

33 posts, read 47,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONYMETS View Post
Well said. Sorry for your friends loss. There are more important things in life to worry about. I've changed my opinion on a lot of things the past few months. Connie is getting a lot of support from people that don't even live in the neighborhood. It's just common sense. But I see that the person that is behind this is also running for a seat and looking for support. I hope it backfires on him. He showed up at our meeting saying he was sorry for the rumors and the petition that was out months ago. Saying he had no idea and trying to get his community off the hook.but now it comes to light that it was all a cover up. I wonder if his kids are affected since he works at Cuthbertson ? Seems like those CAPS lawyers are also looking for more money 50k and a golf outing to boot?? That's what you want to say in an email when asking for support huh?
Can People please STOP trying to connect Maher to this group. For the 1000th time he is not a member of CAPS, he does not attend or has not attended their meetings, he does not have prior knowledge of what they are planning to do. I asked a CAPS person directly after seeing this post. I understand if you don't want to vote for him or anyone else but why the character assassination on one individual who is not involved in this crap? GONYMETS please PM me and tell me what you are talking about with he visited your community and there is a coverup, I am curious to know what you are talking about. Also, I was under the impression that he is a retired police officer who has some permanent injuries (possibly from 9/11 although i am not sure if thats the case) and is not working? Either way PM me because I am going to look for answers and want to know what you are referring to.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:33 AM

46 posts, read 59,118 times
The rumor is that Maher is Angry Dad. If it's not him, can someone gives some clues who he is? I also don't want to spread false accusations. We've been there already this week.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:35 AM

397 posts, read 518,338 times
I have no problem with Maher. I think I once said if anyone deserves to stay at their school it would be Maher due to the amt of work he has put into CHS. The guy is super active in the Cutty community. That being said, he did start the (united) site that became the echo chamber. He had complete control of the rhetoric. CAPS was born of the (united) site. Had not to keep him tied to CAPS. JD...you case is well stated though. Thanks

Old 05-07-2014, 10:01 AM

527 posts, read 636,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspy View Post
The rumor is that Maher is Angry Dad. If it's not him, can someone gives some clues who he is? I also don't want to spread false accusations. We've been there already this week.
That's the rumor? Are people not paying attention?

Plaintiffs suing UCPS irate at lack of studies - myfoxcarolinas.com

Old 05-07-2014, 10:24 AM

124 posts, read 139,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspy View Post

Aaron Asbra is Angry Dad not Sean Maher.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:40 AM

631 posts, read 736,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raithfan View Post
I have no problem with Maher. I think I once said if anyone deserves to stay at their school it would be Maher due to the amt of work he has put into CHS. The guy is super active in the Cutty community. That being said, he did start the (united) site that became the echo chamber. He had complete control of the rhetoric. CAPS was born of the (united) site. Had not to keep him tied to CAPS. JD...you case is well stated though. Thanks
As raith and others have posted, Maher is NOT angry dad and he is NOT part of CAPS. As also pointed out he has done a ton for CHS and I hope he continues that work at SVHS.

I do believe that he would be much more tied to CAPS if he didn't already declare himself running for the BOE. It would be odd to run for a seat on a board you are suing, right? If he wasn't running, I bet he'd be much more visible with what they are doing and perhaps a part of the suit. I think he's been very smart laying low so as not to have any sound bytes come back at him during the fall election.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 AM

113 posts, read 123,097 times
I just noticed the Piedmont Natural Gas logo on the CAPs page. It appears as though they are sponsoring the golf event next week.

Citizens For Adequate Public Schools | Union County Residents Fighting To Protect All Of Our Children

I am relatively surprised a large corporation would be associating themselves with an event geared towards funding a lawsuit against the BOE.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:44 AM

44,352 posts, read 17,707,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
That's the rumor? Are people not paying attention?

Plaintiffs suing UCPS irate at lack of studies - myfoxcarolinas.com
Why should people pay attention to a lone journalist, who isn't revealing his personal connection to the area, who reports for a 3rd tier news organization which doesn't even have a satellite truck? It's tabloidism since no attempts are being made to provide any counter point.

I think that we get that they are irate. They have been irate for a very long time because nobody paid them much mind, they didn't get their way, and the court has ruled against them. This isn't breaking news.

They already shot their best shot and it completely missed the target. All that remains now is a pointless blame game that won't accomplish anything good. It's sad to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or