U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 05:25 PM

137 posts, read 164,661 times

Advertisements

Does everyone get accepted onto the United page on Facebook or is there a significant wait time? I requested it a few days ago and haven't been accepted yet as far as I can tell.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:30 PM

451 posts, read 608,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarti78 View Post
Does everyone get accepted onto the United page on Facebook or is there a significant wait time? I requested it a few days ago and haven't been accepted yet as far as I can tell.
Just ask our new friend.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:44 PM

43 posts, read 46,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raithfan View Post
Hope...also, sorry you have to go thru the stress of a school move but I hope you and your kids find a great experience at your new school(s?).
Thanks Raith - plural (schools)......but it will all be good, because we will make it that way I have enjoyed your posts over these last few months...thanks for all your contributions to the discussion.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:14 PM

5,783 posts, read 8,416,909 times
Sean Maher - nice to see you open and honest here.

What do you think of Savage's behavior through the whole redistricting process up to and including walking out on the vote? I'm especially curious as you are a constituent of district 6 and how that impacted your decision to run at large instead of looking to represent your own district.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:02 PM

124 posts, read 139,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspy View Post
Tracy spent $5,000, but Stony didn't even send out mailers and still managed to beat her.

She may have 13 people support her runoff, but that doesn't mean she has support to win. It's the same people I've seen on other threads who can't accept the fact that the county won't change for them. The same people who are going to vote for Sandra Peterson for sheriff because animals are more important than people. The same people who complain that the county won't pay for new schools, but at the same time want to make the BOE pay to defend their lawsuit. Now they want to make the tax payers pay for a runoff election, because gosh darnit, they have lost property values and hate the fact that they don't have Southpark style shops and restaurants in downtown Waxhaw.
I had to rep ya here because it wouldn't let me, now that part at the end made me laugh!

Old 05-12-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope923 View Post
hello all! I am a lurker here and have been around for quite some time. I have wanted to post several times, but time and work have kept me lurking and holding my opinions to myself. I have been keeping up with both sides of the debate (here and on FB) as my children have been redistricted and will be changing schools this fall. I so enjoy reading this site as calm, logical, and civil (ish) debate seems to prevail here....haha. I enjoy that there are folks here posting from both sides that seem logical and respectful.
Welcome to the forum Hope! What school(s) have you been redistricted to if you don't mind me asking?

Old 05-12-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarti78 View Post
They have to be able to verify the name you are using is in fact a "real" name and not just a made up name of some sort. They had issues with people making up names just to cause a ruckus from time to time. Ask Sean about it rmarti, he and his wife are the moderators of the page I do believe. He's been a busy guy lately trying to get his stuff together to run for the BOE at large.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:19 PM

451 posts, read 608,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSMEMBER View Post
You guys have it right, I'm here to see what the redistricting supporters think, and maybe to answer some some questions about CAPS. Didn't know the website changed, but I don't see anything really drastic in the changes. Just tweaking the message. Something in the changes a problem? Some very eloquent stuff here, but revolution may be giving this thing a little more importance than it deserves. More of a minor mutiny.
So what box do I belong in?

Anti-overcrowding, Anti-trailers? And I live in a high growth area. I must be a redistricting supporter.

What do Sean, Kim, and Mastiff say?

Old 05-12-2014, 07:44 PM

55 posts, read 63,452 times
Waldokitty, I think that's what most of us are trying to do, manage the issues going forward and make some changes for the future. Always thought that was and is a legitimate goal. I don't believe that we have to redistrict every few years, at least not on a large scale. Many growing areas deal with capacity issues in other ways. I think the people you unfortunately hear complaining the most are the ones that have been affected time and time again. Can't blame us for that. I just wish the BOE had taken that into account somewhat. Trimmed their plan around the edges, made some compromises based on past cooperation. Grandfathering and Millbridge didn't help too much because they were sort of sprung on most at the 11th hour. I personally still want the BOE to give us a long term plan that we can get on board with, resolve this BOCC mess, and let us get back to business as usual. Lawyers may be in the way at this point, but they can't stop the parties from talking, if they are motivated to talk.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:46 PM

55 posts, read 63,452 times
Sunshine, what do you prefer? I got an earful about pro-redistricting, so I thought redistricting supporter was better. No offense intended. Maybe anti-anti-redistricting would be more accurate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or