U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2014, 11:22 AM

44,344 posts, read 17,721,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
This is the game changer..
I'm not sure why you would say this. According to the article you linked, it's far from a done deal.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:25 AM

547 posts, read 535,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm not sure why you would say this. According to the article you linked, it's far from a done deal.
We've been talking about this bypass for as long as I can remember. I don't think we should start making any immediate plans around it either.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:06 PM

55 posts, read 63,420 times
Bubba, Sunshine, nothing on the bypass? This could be a big deal. A real game changer.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:13 PM

631 posts, read 736,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
We've been talking about this bypass for as long as I can remember. I don't think we should start making any immediate plans around it either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSMEMBER View Post
Bubba, Sunshine, nothing on the bypass? This could be a big deal. A real game changer.
It will be a big deal but it will be a while before anything comes to fruition. It's cleared from the environmental aspect, but that doesn't mean they dig tomorrow and there's no way its done in the next 2 years.

Capsmember, are you trying to say we need to stop everything because of this? I'd say completion of this is 4-5 years out minimum and any residual growth and development will take another 1-3+ years after that. I'd keep it in the long term scope, but nothing to alter the current 5 year plans.

I do hope it happens and I really hope it spurs some quality industrial/commercial growth as a result. That would be a game changer for the county's tax base.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:15 PM

9 posts, read 9,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
The second candidate to announce they are running for school board:
Jason Marton for Board of Education, District 6

He's got an impressive website.
The website is impressive until you actually read it. Not getting my vote.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:21 PM

631 posts, read 736,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCdadof4 View Post
The website is impressive until you actually read it. Not getting my vote.
Is that because he wants more than just adequate schools?

Agreed that a website doesn't make a candidate and I know nothing about Jason, but I'm glad he spelled a lot out on the site. He'll get peoples attention, but it will be good to hear him speak, answer questions, and share more. Sean has impressed me with his openness on this site (not that they are running against each other). I'll keep my ears open with Jason, too. Marce is going to have her hands full.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:23 PM

547 posts, read 535,645 times
Quote:
I answered you. I said "We've been talking about this bypass for as long as I can remember. I don't think we should start making any immediate plans around it either."

Personally, I think the best way to reduce traffic on 74 is to bring employers to Union County so commuters aren't clogging 74 going to Charlotte to work.

Last edited by BubbaHelms; 05-17-2014 at 08:15 PM..

Old 05-18-2014, 04:24 AM

44,344 posts, read 17,721,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
It will be a big deal but it will be a while before anything comes to fruition. It's cleared from the environmental aspect, but that doesn't mean they dig tomorrow and there's no way its done in the next 2 years....

Maybe a long while. There is at least 1 if not 2 lawsuits to stop it. One of them has already won in the appeals court.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:31 AM

55 posts, read 63,420 times
Thanks, Bubba, and I agree with you. Better to create local employees than commuters, but the bypass is a good first step. As for this Marton guy, I have to study him more. The only thing I know is that he is very pro-west and pretty divisive, but I'll give him a fair second look. My vote will be all about curriculum.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:07 AM

149 posts, read 476,030 times
Quote:
As for this Marton guy, I have to study him more. The only thing I know is that he is very pro-west and pretty divisive, but I'll give him a fair second look. My vote will be all about curriculum.

CAPS, can you please explain how you know that he is "very pro-west and pretty divisive".
No offense but that sounds just like the same kind of baseless slur that you said you were trying to influence CAPS to stop making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or