U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 06:32 AM

55 posts, read 63,307 times

Advertisements

Sorry, didn't mean to be negative. Marton was very involved in clearing out the capped schools, and he wasn't very respectful of the families or kids that he was moving. That's all. He may have a good platform overall, but he made some enemies with his rhetoric. I will give him a good look. One thing I will say about Marce, she is good about the ABCs.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:07 AM

93 posts, read 158,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCdadof4 View Post
The website is impressive until you actually read it. Not getting my vote.
There is more substance in that website than the combined contributions of Savage throughout the redistricting process.

Granted I'm interested in hearing more from him.

Right or wrong, I'm still bitter Savage walked out of the vote rather than continuing to fight.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:16 AM

527 posts, read 635,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCdadof4 View Post
The website is impressive until you actually read it. Not getting my vote.
Thought the same thing. Love the comment about being SVP at Bank of America... they have more VP's than they do tellers.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:51 AM

46 posts, read 59,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSMEMBER View Post
Thanks, Bubba, and I agree with you. Better to create local employees than commuters, but the bypass is a good first step. As for this Marton guy, I have to study him more. The only thing I know is that he is very pro-west and pretty divisive, but I'll give him a fair second look. My vote will be all about curriculum.
Pot, let me introduce you to kettle.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about because that doesn't even make sense if you knew where he lived.

Where are you seeing this rhetoric? I have never seen him comment anywhere. Are you getting this from a letter you saw in disclosure? You seem to think that everyone who didn't support your way of thinking is corrupt or an enemy.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:54 AM

124 posts, read 138,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspy View Post
Pot, let me introduce you to kettle.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about because that doesn't even make sense if you knew where he lived.

Where are you seeing this rhetoric? I have never seen him comment anywhere. Are you getting this from a letter you saw in disclosure? You seem to think that everyone who didn't support your way of thinking is corrupt or an enemy.
Exactly! (couldn't rep ya via the rep so here it is)

Old 05-18-2014, 09:47 AM

43 posts, read 46,398 times
Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to be negative. Marton was very involved in clearing out the capped schools, and he wasn't very respectful of the families or kids that he was moving. That's all. He may have a good platform overall, but he made some enemies with his rhetoric. I will give him a good look. One thing I will say about Marce, she is good about the ABCs.
Can you explain how he was very involved in clearing out the capped schools?

Old 05-18-2014, 09:59 AM

547 posts, read 534,522 times
Quote:
Thanks, Bubba, and I agree with you. Better to create local employees than commuters, but the bypass is a good first step.
Maybe. Many will argue that we can't bring employers without resolving the traffic issues hence the need for the bypass. I'm just not sure the residential growth brought by the bypass would't end up making our traffic worse rather than solving our problem.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:40 AM

124 posts, read 138,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
Maybe. Many will argue that we can't bring employers without resolving the traffic issues hence the need for the bypass. I'm just not sure the residential growth brought by the bypass would't end up making our traffic worse rather than solving our problem.
Traffic as well as more high density subdivisions which would add more students to the mix at UCPS and we'll be revisiting redistricting time and time again or the call for building new schools.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:40 AM

Marton is concerned about Marton and his little hood, and that's it. He made that quite clear to me on two occasions. Talk to him and you will get the same impression. Just my humble opinion - feel free to disagree or disregard. District 6 needs a Collins or a Stewart - somebody that pulls some weight!

Old 05-18-2014, 11:52 AM

My goal for CAPS going forward is to help the BOE beat on the BOCC for funds for capacity. I see the bypass as a good thing as it shifts the focus east a little bit. Maybe we can get ahead of the development a bit and put some seats somewhere between Cuth and SV/Mon in the future. That would give the BOE lots of options next time around.

Forgive my Marton comments, he may be a good candidate. Just negative because my dealings with him have been negative. We should hear what he has to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or