U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-27-2014, 10:38 PM
 
54 posts, read 79,200 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Why doesn't the Saint reopen (United) back up? It was open well before the pre-candidate days...

Sunny and company have shown it can be done. Real leaders/admins not only have shown that it can be done, but they also love doing their job...

It's all about transparency according to CAPS. Lets watch all the sausage making, even in social media. Just like we almost got to tonight.

so a guy who hides behind a screen name on CD wants transparency....Classic!!!!

Last edited by Better Than Everyone; 05-27-2014 at 10:50 PM..

 
Old 05-27-2014, 10:43 PM
 
43 posts, read 46,484 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Why doesn't the Saint reopen (United) back up? It was open well before the pre-candidate days...

Sunny and company have shown it can be done. Real leaders/admins not only have shown that it can be done, but they also love doing their job...

It's all about transparency according to CAPS. Lets watch all the sausage making, even in social media. Just like we almost got to tonight.
I saw him step up this week and show great leadership/admin skills when someone on the page began talking negatively about one of the schools and throwing out wild accusations that were quite unfavorable. I like how he handled that...he has the potential to manage the page very well. But then there's tonight's ugliness - I guess this is when you can see what people are really made of (not just talking about one person here). I would no more say those nasty things about people under an anonymous name than I would under my real name. I really don't get how they can't see WHY people of differing opinions don't post on that page - LOL.
 
Old 05-27-2014, 10:49 PM
 
54 posts, read 79,200 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope923 View Post
I saw him step up this week and show great leadership/admin skills when someone on the page began talking negatively about one of the schools and throwing out wild accusations that were quite unfavorable. I like how he handled that...he has the potential to manage the page very well. But then there's tonight's ugliness - I guess this is when you can see what people are really made of (not just talking about one person here). I would no more say those nasty things about people under an anonymous name than I would under my real name. I really don't get how they can't see WHY people of differing opinions don't post on that page - LOL.

So you read the facebook comments and come over here to take the people to task here where most of the posters probably don't see you. I would ask, why don't you speak up on FB?
 
Old 05-27-2014, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Wesley Chapel
51 posts, read 63,633 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope923 View Post
I saw him step up this week and show great leadership/admin skills when someone on the page began talking negatively about one of the schools and throwing out wild accusations that were quite unfavorable. I like how he handled that...he has the potential to manage the page very well. But then there's tonight's ugliness - I guess this is when you can see what people are really made of (not just talking about one person here). I would no more say those nasty things about people under an anonymous name than I would under my real name. I really don't get how they can't see WHY people of differing opinions don't post on that page - LOL.
Here is my post over on FB, chalk it up for being frustrated for having posts deleted that never violated terms of agreement or used anyones names at all, I actually got deleted for telling a joke. Hey we all have our moments.

here is the post to be openly transparent for the few who do not follow both pages:

"Ya know, I went on the City-data forum to be open and transparent. I had heard rumors about how my character was being maligned and misrepresented by a small few of the many posters on that forum so I decided to go on and answer questions directly. To those not familiar with city-data most posters make up anonymous names that they hide behind so no one knows who they are - kind of like letting them bully anyone or say anything without being outed for who is actually making the comment. I decided anonymity is not for me and I signed on as ME with my REAL name. Most of the people of City-data have been great, some do nothing more than make snippy comments like school aged kids. I know that some of the posters from city-data are on this site as well. I believe in transparency and even though several of my responses to questions or comments have been reported or deleted by the forum admin due to complaints from these anonymous posters - That's OK. I will continue to make myself available, to be open and transparent - Even when my message appears to resonate with some on city-data, this seems to upset those small few who do not want my positive message to get out and would prefer to continue to the snickering and character bashing behind anonymity. I understand we will not all agree, and I understand when we all give our views that they will differ at times. I understand that anonymity allows for some to be who they may not be in real life - I will always be who I am, act like myself, represent myself AS myself and continue to work to better my surroundings. I will work with anyone who wishes to bring positive results to this County through their own voice or through anonymous posts. Bottom line, let's ALL work together instead of tear each other apart. It never ceases to amaze me how brave some people seem to feel when they are hiding behind a curtain, come out into the light - stand in the Arena and honestly work for the betterment of all of us. Again, most are great, but some......Wow I graduated HS and HS type games a long time ago......"

I see that post as being factual, most here are great but some no matter what I post have prejudice and issue with it. I won't mention who or I will be deleted - y'all know who. There is nothing ugly about that post, just my opinion based on how I see the facts. Most are great on here, same as on United page, some are not just like on United page. And..in the spirit of lighthearted fun the posters on CD faired better than I, some on that FB thread refereed to cockroaches when discussing CD, I on the other hand was referred to as a urinal air freshener in a port-a-potty and that was by a member of the rumored "cartel" I have heard about on here. Ya know I just can't win sometimes...LOL

Last edited by SMAHER; 05-27-2014 at 11:14 PM..
 
Old 05-28-2014, 12:58 AM
 
397 posts, read 579,128 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than Everyone View Post
So you read the facebook comments and come over here to take the people to task here where most of the posters probably don't see you. I would ask, why don't you speak up on FB?
Your accusatory line of questioning is obvious no matter what screen name or website you lurk around in. No better than a 10 year old playing dirty mine craft. Please take your Haldol.
 
Old 05-28-2014, 03:00 AM
 
397 posts, read 518,431 times
Reputation: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMAHER View Post

I think Sunny does a great job as Moderator of this site, I commend him for his efforts. As a Site admin, I know how difficult it can be when there are over 200 posts a day on a site.

Thank you,

Saint
I stand corrected! Good on ya!
 
Old 05-28-2014, 04:02 AM
 
44,344 posts, read 17,721,479 times
Reputation: 18668
People define themselves by their actions, not by telling us their opinion of themselves.

It's been my observation that the more a person has to tell us about their high qualifications, especially that they are open, transparent, honorable, trustworthy, good as mom's apple pie, etc. etc. ad nausium, etc..... the less likely it is to be true. It's not a substitute for a logical, straight to the point, discussion of the issue(s) at hand.

The topic is about Union County Schools Redistricting and the best posts in this topic stick to that subject.
 
Old 05-28-2014, 05:27 AM
 
5,869 posts, read 7,703,331 times
Reputation: 3366
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMAHER View Post
Here is my post over on FB, chalk it up for being frustrated for having posts deleted that never violated terms of agreement or used anyones names at all, I actually got deleted for telling a joke. Hey we all have our moments.

here is the post to be openly transparent for the few who do not follow both pages:

"Ya know, I went on the City-data forum to be open and transparent. I had heard rumors about how my character was being maligned and misrepresented by a small few of the many posters on that forum so I decided to go on and answer questions directly. To those not familiar with city-data most posters make up anonymous names that they hide behind so no one knows who they are - kind of like letting them bully anyone or say anything without being outed for who is actually making the comment. I decided anonymity is not for me and I signed on as ME with my REAL name. Most of the people of City-data have been great, some do nothing more than make snippy comments like school aged kids. I know that some of the posters from city-data are on this site as well. I believe in transparency and even though several of my responses to questions or comments have been reported or deleted by the forum admin due to complaints from these anonymous posters - That's OK. I will continue to make myself available, to be open and transparent - Even when my message appears to resonate with some on city-data, this seems to upset those small few who do not want my positive message to get out and would prefer to continue to the snickering and character bashing behind anonymity. I understand we will not all agree, and I understand when we all give our views that they will differ at times. I understand that anonymity allows for some to be who they may not be in real life - I will always be who I am, act like myself, represent myself AS myself and continue to work to better my surroundings. I will work with anyone who wishes to bring positive results to this County through their own voice or through anonymous posts. Bottom line, let's ALL work together instead of tear each other apart. It never ceases to amaze me how brave some people seem to feel when they are hiding behind a curtain, come out into the light - stand in the Arena and honestly work for the betterment of all of us. Again, most are great, but some......Wow I graduated HS and HS type games a long time ago......"

I see that post as being factual, most here are great but some no matter what I post have prejudice and issue with it. I won't mention who or I will be deleted - y'all know who. There is nothing ugly about that post, just my opinion based on how I see the facts. Most are great on here, same as on United page, some are not just like on United page. And..in the spirit of lighthearted fun the posters on CD faired better than I, some on that FB thread refereed to cockroaches when discussing CD, I on the other hand was referred to as a urinal air freshener in a port-a-potty and that was by a member of the rumored "cartel" I have heard about on here. Ya know I just can't win sometimes...LOL
You say this almost as if City-Data is the only message board where users have anonymous names and as if this thread is the only thread here where posts have been deleted. They're not.

Facebook was really the first site where a lot of people used their real names online. But sometimes I wish it was still just for college students (plus then I wouldn't be distracted by it...).
 
Old 05-28-2014, 05:55 AM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,484,987 times
Reputation: 14917
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

The topic is about Union County Schools Redistricting and the best posts in this topic stick to that subject.

I think the problem we are having in this thread is deem to gossip what occurs on other social media sites and since they are membership base sites too one cant verified validity.

I appreciate the compliments and the reported posts, they are what keeping this thread going and steer back in direction it is needed from time to time.

Bullying, trolling, personal attacks and being rude, calling out members personal info are worthy of infraction.
Sorry for those that it has occurred, and glad you take the high road in response and report instead of engaging.

I have no side on issue as the things in red and copyright violations is all I seek.

Yall have done a great job for most part staying on track for a thread this large I applaud you as most threads on this forum cant survive staying on track after 40 posts.

This forum welcomes a little off topic here and there as long as the original topic isn't abandon and this gray area makes alot of work for me but yall have manage to steer back and hope it continues.

This thread is the largest thread in the Charlotte forum history that alone is awesome, I dont know if this thread has it own form of caps lol but continue to post on til admin states a new one needs to be created

Stick to The topic is about Union County Schools Redistricting.
__________________
[B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Im the moderator for
[/COLOR][/B][URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-carolina/"]North Carolina main forum[/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/greensboro-winston-salem-high-point/"]Triad [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]
 
Old 05-28-2014, 06:56 AM
 
3,322 posts, read 4,534,386 times
Reputation: 1539
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
They were activist for building new schools??? That's what nearly all of the past redistricts were about, so I'm not sure how that's social engineering. If anything, there'd be a claim of the opposite. Why didn't the east and rural areas get the new schools to balance everyone out?

I always struggle with the "people who haven't even moved in yet" argument. How many new homes and neighborhoods have been built after PRHS, MRHS and CHS and so many other schools opened? If you built a house AFTER those schools were opened then you are also part of the problem. You hadn't moved in yet, but they saved you a seat. I posted a long time ago, that if people really want to take that stance, the solution should be we pull up everyone's closing date for their house, and the oldest owners get to pick their school first. There would be a whole bunch of people including some plaintiffs that moved into UC in the past 2-5 years (after the new schools were up) that would be eating their words.

We moved in 12 years ago and we were certainly part of the problem that caused the demand for the new schools. My street is packed with kids that all hit the elementary school within 2 years of each other.
This should have been the first "tie-breaker" in determining who must go where. Of course, money trumps common sense unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:02 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top