U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-05-2014, 06:31 AM
 
547 posts, read 537,554 times
Reputation: 218

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSMEMBER View Post
Some of us would have accepted redistricting on more transparent and reasonable terms, but we won't accept simply being bullied. That's what the lawsuit really comes down to. It could have been avoided at any point if the BOE would simply have dropped the "we are never to be challenged" stance.
That's the dumbest reason for suing I have ever heard. CAPS members didn't get their way when they tried to bully the BOE and the whole rest of the county. Apparently, not getting your way = being bullied if you are a CAPS member.

In fact, this lawsuit is just an attempt to bully the BOE into giving you your way.

Who is the bully here?

I've been bullied quite regularly by CAPS members over the past few months. Maybe I should head down to the Clerk of Court today and file a lawsuit too. LOL

Last edited by BubbaHelms; 06-05-2014 at 06:41 AM..

 
Old 06-05-2014, 06:35 AM
 
547 posts, read 537,554 times
Reputation: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSMEMBER View Post
Trying to cover everyone's posts here, regarding our case, stopping redistricting is more related to the open meetings claims, that's the tougher one. The documents claims are much more of a slam dunk. Document requests have still gone completely unanswered, no debate about that (I've never even gotten a response from UCPS). That entitles us to a win (i.e. document production ordered) and attorney's fees by statute.
You do realize that if you got the decision voided, the BOE would just take another vote on redistricting with the same result?
 
Old 06-05-2014, 06:46 AM
 
451 posts, read 609,924 times
Reputation: 248
Did anyone follow what just happend with the BoCC?

Really confused.
 
Old 06-05-2014, 06:49 AM
 
397 posts, read 520,226 times
Reputation: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Did anyone follow what just happend with the BoCC?

Really confused.
Seriously???

Fill us in...
 
Old 06-05-2014, 06:50 AM
 
22 posts, read 25,753 times
Reputation: 30
Wow, Bubba, you are one ticked off BOE guy! Be cool, be cool... Lots of hurt feelings around this place.

I don't think the BOE could simply re-pass redistricting if the lawsuit shows some shady deals. Otherwise, probably. Of course, to be successful, the judge would have to find some shady deals.
 
Old 06-05-2014, 07:11 AM
 
397 posts, read 520,226 times
Reputation: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Did anyone follow what just happend with the BoCC?

Really confused.

Link to the Enquirer-Journal article on the most recent BOCC meeting:

County rejects budget with tax increase | The Enquirer Journal
 
Old 06-05-2014, 07:12 AM
 
527 posts, read 638,200 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
In the end, I feel most for the long time residents of UC who have been here for years and may have to pay more for your kids and their shinny schools and attitudes.
You feel sorry for the people that did this to themselves?

Who sold out? Who approved .15 acre lots? Who approved all the new residential construction?

There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza,
There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, a hole.

 
Old 06-05-2014, 07:12 AM
 
451 posts, read 609,924 times
Reputation: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by raithfan View Post
Seriously???

Fill us in...
At first it was no, no, no, they won't prioritize anything, real estate values are collapsing in western UC due to redistricting, look at the money they want to spend for redistricting to expand schools. At that standpoint it looked like litigation again this year, then it was wait a second, and then boom. But I think they just approved $87M current expense funding and $19.5M capital as Yates proposed. More strings are coming. I wasn't watching the video, just listening while working, so it was hard to tell with the vote since they never do anything verbally. Video is gone now.

They are putting off the tax issue until June 30.

Helms has definitely been drinking the CAPS kool-aid talking points.
 
Old 06-05-2014, 07:18 AM
 
547 posts, read 537,554 times
Reputation: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
At first it was no, no, no, they won't prioritize anything, real estate values are collapsing in western UC due to redistricting, look at the money they want to spend for redistricting to expand schools. At that standpoint it looked like litigation again this year, then it was wait a second, and then boom. But I think they just approved $87M current expense funding and $19.5M capital as Yates proposed. More strings are coming. I wasn't watching the video, just listening while working, so it was hard to tell with the vote since they never do anything verbally. Video is gone now.

They are putting off the tax issue until June 30.

Helms has definitely been drinking the CAPS kool-aid talking points.
If they did approve the $19.5 million, doesn't that mean an 8.2 cent tax increase?
 
Old 06-05-2014, 07:21 AM
 
397 posts, read 520,226 times
Reputation: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
You feel sorry for the people that did this to themselves?

Who sold out? Who approved .15 acre lots? Who approved all the new residential construction?

There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza,
There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, a hole.

Mike, I'll agree with you on this one. All we can do now is work to change it. Yeah, that'll be easy But...who is Liza?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:59 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top