Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 09:44 AM

136 posts, read 181,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raithfan View Post
WIXE even has the Wheel of Meat in the morning..hilarious.
Ha! Welcome to the UC between the developments . Next, learn the oldest prank around, call the 'swap shop' and put some chickens or goats for sale and give 'em your best friend's #. Better still, give 'em CAPS' #. You didn't hear it from me though ...

Old 03-12-2014, 09:51 AM

3 posts, read 4,118 times
Quote:

I have had a ton of pm's from people wanting more info on the schools they are moving to and am glad to share all I know or can find for them. That's what we do...help people when there is no benefit to ourselves...it's just the polite thing to do.
I love being back here.
Yes he has and I appreciate it very much!!

Old 03-12-2014, 10:08 AM

985 posts, read 1,901,734 times
the noon news just said the lawsuit will be filed Monday morning. They claimed they are waiting because of the recent passing of Crowder.

Law suits are not known to be fast, how quickly can all this been either rejected or accepted, legally?

Old 03-12-2014, 10:27 AM

98 posts, read 132,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewith3 View Post
the noon news just said the lawsuit will be filed Monday morning. They claimed they are waiting because of the recent passing of Crowder.

Law suits are not known to be fast, how quickly can all this been either rejected or accepted, legally?

I know raith is the legal expert with the crystal ball and already knows how this will play out with 100% certainty, but from someone with a tad bit of legal background, I will say it depends on what they are suing for....are they trying to get this totally reversed or merely an injunction to temporarily block the decision with more info to follow. Those are just 2 of many options they have, but I am sure Raith will say I am wrong and he/she already knows how it will play out

Old 03-12-2014, 10:41 AM

398 posts, read 618,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchammer View Post
I know raith is the legal expert with the crystal ball and already knows how this will play out with 100% certainty, but from someone with a tad bit of legal background, I will say it depends on what they are suing for....are they trying to get this totally reversed or merely an injunction to temporarily block the decision with more info to follow. Those are just 2 of many options they have, but I am sure Raith will say I am wrong and he/she already knows how it will play out
Snarky much?

I am by NO means a legal expert and my crystal ball is just asking a lot of questions of many different people and trying to look for a concensus opinion.
I have no idea what this grounds of this suit are and what relief they are seeking. I do find it interesting that a bunch of people claiming that moving them to a new school will cost them additional money and cause financial hardship were all quick to pony up legal retainers so fast. Couple that with the "distance" arguers that are now trying to get into Union Academy. Interesting.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:22 AM

99 posts, read 178,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
nothing good on msnbc this morning?
I know you say it in jest but I dont think I have ever watched MSNBC to be honest

Old 03-12-2014, 11:30 AM

99 posts, read 178,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchammer View Post
My crystal ball is telling me the lawsuit will go as far as the money collected. This is how it will break down

Amount theoretically collected by angry residents-Minus Court Fees($300 per hour for litigant lawyer)-non-existent pro bono hours provided from a patent attorney and some guy from New Jersey who slept at a holiday inn last night=petered out lawsuit and angrier resident whose kid will still be at sun valley and Parkwood come this fall except their parent will have spent their Friday night football money donating money to a lost cause.

Somebody else check my math it was never a strong subject for me.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:51 AM

631 posts, read 892,322 times
I'm curious to see what the lawsuit claims and what they are asking. There were several legal experts that the media interviewed and they have all said that everything was done legally. Even if there were underlying reasons for the BOE to make the changes, they still had every legal right to do so. If one suddenly said "Hey, I want to move our boundaries" and 4 others agreed, its all legal. And we can argue about guidelines until the cows come home, but those are so vague, nothing will stick. They can be interpreted differently by anyone with a varying viewpoint.

Both a reversal or an injunction would have to be against the legality of the moves and I don't see any. If they are trying to dig up conspiracy and hearsay items I don't think it will fly.

I'm not the expert, but the media did interview experts, so I'm going with that.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:57 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,423 times
Quote:
Snarky much?

I am by NO means a legal expert and my crystal ball is just asking a lot of questions of many different people and trying to look for a concensus opinion.
I have no idea what this grounds of this suit are and what relief they are seeking. I do find it interesting that a bunch of people claiming that moving them to a new school will cost them additional money and cause financial hardship were all quick to pony up legal retainers so fast. Couple that with the "distance" arguers that are now trying to get into Union Academy. Interesting.
Can you be redistricted once you are in Union Academy? I'm just saying, some people will opt for stability vs an increased distance. You can't lump everyone into the same bucket.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:20 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,426,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Can you be redistricted once you are in Union Academy? I'm just saying, some people will opt for stability vs an increased distance. You can't lump everyone into the same bucket.
Union Academy is full. They had their lottery this week. They had something like 1800 applicants, when normally they have about 700.

And no, once your are in UA you are in (with reapplication), you don't get jerked around by a band of idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte