Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 12:28 PM

3 posts, read 12,313 times

Advertisements

I Live In Waxhaw Nc. My Home Was Built On Top Of Silt Pond. Builder Lied. Homes Foundation Split In 2. They Are Trying To Cover It Up. More Lies. What Are The Codes Or Procedure For Building On Top Of Silt Pond. I Need Help Any Feedback Would Be Appreciated Thank You.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:30 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
What neighborhood are you in?

I know Centex did something similiar in New Jersey to a bunch of houses in a whole development and it took months to fix it. They did though.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:34 PM

I Live In Wesley Oaks Waxhaw Nc.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:08 PM

4 posts, read 14,164 times
Default Centex Customer Service Horrid

We just cancelled a contract with Centex... after we paid our deposit they didn't follow up on a THING... had we not had access to a website we would not have known a thing about our home.. still making efforts to get partial deposit back as we fulfilled obligations of contract and they fulfilled none of implied terms at all. Since I work in legal field I can pursue this for free.. I woudl say that this company did get JD Power awards in the past and we chose for that reason in part but were very very very disappointed in them. really... did not live up to their reputation .. no orientation, never notified loan approved, no preconstruction meeting, no status reports.. Our house was ready for drywall and we had yet to hear anything..

so it's not just silt issues w/ this builder...

Old 12-02-2007, 04:12 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motsmom View Post
We just cancelled a contract with Centex... after we paid our deposit they didn't follow up on a THING... had we not had access to a website we would not have known a thing about our home.. still making efforts to get partial deposit back as we fulfilled obligations of contract and they fulfilled none of implied terms at all. Since I work in legal field I can pursue this for free.. I woudl say that this company did get JD Power awards in the past and we chose for that reason in part but were very very very disappointed in them. really... did not live up to their reputation .. no orientation, never notified loan approved, no preconstruction meeting, no status reports.. Our house was ready for drywall and we had yet to hear anything..

so it's not just silt issues w/ this builder...
mot what community did all this *not* happen in? It would be helpful if anyone else is considering that community.

LB didn't you start this discussion months ago under a different username (the whole foundation issue). Since you're describing exactly the same problem in the same community. If it's not you then it's a coincidence. What did your inspection tell you about the foundation before you closed?

Old 12-02-2007, 06:46 AM

37 posts, read 131,297 times
Hi,

We will be moving down to charlotte in July. I am not familiar with what a silt pond is. How did you find out that this is were the builder built your house. Are there things to look for or does it require an engineer to determine this based on soil samples?

Old 12-02-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Centex lies & deciet. Buyer beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
mot what community did all this *not* happen in? It would be helpful if anyone else is considering that community.

LB didn't you start this discussion months ago under a different username (the whole foundation issue). Since you're describing exactly the same problem in the same community. If it's not you then it's a coincidence. What did your inspection tell you about the foundation before you closed?

Miker2069,
I am not the same person I think you are referring to Tanya. The community is Wesley Oaks in Waxhaw built by Centex. The only indication of potential problems with the foundation were photographs of silt pond. I had picked the specific lot because of size, privacy, location, and the fact it was flat and usable. We came for the closing from out of state the day of closing and complained that our new home was now sitting on a fresh hill making the property unusable. The builder insisted they did not add fill when in fact they did. We closed under pressure with nowhwere else to go. Within a month of moving in thehome starting showing signs of sinking. Dave the builder, Ed, Rick, and now Jeff,construction managers of Centex have done nothing but give excuses .

Old 12-02-2007, 01:21 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB&TBNY View Post
Miker2069,
I am not the same person I think you are referring to Tanya. The community is Wesley Oaks in Waxhaw built by Centex. The only indication of potential problems with the foundation were photographs of silt pond. I had picked the specific lot because of size, privacy, location, and the fact it was flat and usable. We came for the closing from out of state the day of closing and complained that our new home was now sitting on a fresh hill making the property unusable. The builder insisted they did not add fill when in fact they did. We closed under pressure with nowhwere else to go. Within a month of moving in thehome starting showing signs of sinking. Dave the builder, Ed, Rick, and now Jeff,construction managers of Centex have done nothing but give excuses .
When did you close? It seems you have a solid case if you hang in there and be persistent. What about all the walk throughs, and inspection- did they not reveal any issues during the construction? Also which side are you on, spring creek or ridgewood.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB&TBNY View Post
Miker2069,
Just a FYI CITY-DATA states in their terms of service
Quote:
This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument
Go here for specific issues as you are dealing with ConsumerAffairs.Com: Knowledge is Power! Consumer news, reviews, complaints, resources, safety recalls

Other wise this is just an allege allegation that the other party is not able to respond for this possible slander post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: