Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 PM

58 posts, read 181,532 times

Advertisements

There a many threads that I have been following asking this question and the answers tend to be related to each person's situation ie: school disctricts, commute... That seems like a helpful approach so I'll throw what I am looking for out there in hope of some good advice. Right now, I live in a Boston suburb and I love it here but buying a home is not within reach here and my family has retired to SC.

I am a single woman in my 30's (no kids). My job will be mostly work at home with some travel so commute is not a big issue outside of needing to get to CLT on a fairly regular basis.

I'll be renting for my first year and hope to be in an area that I could find a 2BR apartment in the $700 to $900 max range.

A safe area, with nearby shopping, some green space but also close to get into the thick of things would be great. Even better if it is an area near the light rail that I could hop on the train and head to a show, dinner or sporting event. I'm trying to research as much as I can but it is tough to put it all together. I have been considering everything from the Arts District to Fort Mill, SC. If specific apartment complexes come to mind then I would love to hear about them as well.

What do you think folks think? Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 01:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecherif View Post
There a many threads that I have been following asking this question and the answers tend to be related to each person's situation ie: school disctricts, commute... That seems like a helpful approach so I'll throw what I am looking for out there in hope of some good advice. Right now, I live in a Boston suburb and I love it here but buying a home is not within reach here and my family has retired to SC.

I am a single woman in my 30's (no kids). My job will be mostly work at home with some travel so commute is not a big issue outside of needing to get to CLT on a fairly regular basis.

I'll be renting for my first year and hope to be in an area that I could find a 2BR apartment in the $700 to $900 max range.

A safe area, with nearby shopping, some green space but also close to get into the thick of things would be great. Even better if it is an area near the light rail that I could hop on the train and head to a show, dinner or sporting event. I'm trying to research as much as I can but it is tough to put it all together. I have been considering everything from the Arts District to Fort Mill, SC. If specific apartment complexes come to mind then I would love to hear about them as well.

Sent you a direct message with more info, but here is one of my faves:
Find Charlotte apartments and homes for rent in the GREATER CHARLOTTE area at Galleria Apartments.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:28 PM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,390 times
Charlotte Apartments | Apartment Locator In Charlotte | Find Apartments In Charlotte

Before I moved to Charlotte, someone on this board kindly referred me to Apartment Homes TLC for help finding a place to call home. I had a wonderful experience with them (and they really are free!). Angela spent a lot of time on the phone with my husband and I to help us narrow down our search. Without her help (and the help of folks on this board) we would have spent a lot of time driving around aimlessly. We had to make our decision in one day so it really helped having someone come up with an itinerary for us. I'm pleased to recommend this service to you and I hope it helps. Good luck!

PS - No, I don't work for Apartment Homes TLC but I really appreciated the help I received.

Last edited by ctribucher; 11-28-2007 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: add one last detail

Old 11-28-2007, 02:52 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
TLC looks like a very nice service...will have to toss that one in my bag! Galleria looks nice but it's a little far from the light rail.....this one may be a little closer - Providence Court, but the TLC site seems to be a winner. You can also check here if you wish to browse, keep in mind the area you're looking for that has the light rail will be in close proximity to South Boulevard. Whatever apartment you choose, S. Blvd is in transition and some areas are nicer & safer than others.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:14 PM

20 posts, read 44,253 times
Quote:

Peachtree Place Apartments in Fort Mill, SC are really nice and affordable. They'd definitely fit your budget. They're in a good, quiet location, too. The people that live there are mostly cool and super friendly. 10 minutes from Tega Cay where you can go swimming and boating. 10 minutes from I-77. 15 minutes from Ballantyne (where I stay, beautiful little district with cool people) . 10-15 minutes from new Rivergate shopping center and town of Arysley. Charlotte Knights Stadium is a 10 minute drive down the road.

Peachtree Place Apartments, Fort Mill, SC - Worlds Away From It All!

Old 11-28-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Thanks

Thank you. I checked out their web site and they sound like an excellent resource.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
Charlotte Apartments | Apartment Locator In Charlotte | Find Apartments In Charlotte

Before I moved to Charlotte, someone on this board kindly referred me to Apartment Homes TLC for help finding a place to call home. I had a wonderful experience with them (and they really are free!). Angela spent a lot of time on the phone with my husband and I to help us narrow down our search. Without her help (and the help of folks on this board) we would have spent a lot of time driving around aimlessly. We had to make our decision in one day so it really helped having someone come up with an itinerary for us. I'm pleased to recommend this service to you and I hope it helps. Good luck!

PS - No, I don't work for Apartment Homes TLC but I really appreciated the help I received.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:57 PM

Thank you for the tips. Do they have a good turn out at the Knights games? I was glad to know there is a AAA team in the area so I can catch some games since I will be missing Fenway Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suture up your future View Post
Peachtree Place Apartments in Fort Mill, SC are really nice and affordable. They'd definitely fit your budget. They're in a good, quiet location, too. The people that live there are mostly cool and super friendly. 10 minutes from Tega Cay where you can go swimming and boating. 10 minutes from I-77. 15 minutes from Ballantyne (where I stay, beautiful little district with cool people) . 10-15 minutes from new Rivergate shopping center and town of Arysley. Charlotte Knights Stadium is a 10 minute drive down the road.

Peachtree Place Apartments, Fort Mill, SC - Worlds Away From It All!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:01 PM

Thank you. Hopefully being on the light rail will help the less safe areas with their transition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
TLC looks like a very nice service...will have to toss that one in my bag! Galleria looks nice but it's a little far from the light rail.....this one may be a little closer - Providence Court, but the TLC site seems to be a winner. You can also check here if you wish to browse, keep in mind the area you're looking for that has the light rail will be in close proximity to South Boulevard. Whatever apartment you choose, S. Blvd is in transition and some areas are nicer & safer than others.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:40 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
You'll love the turnout at the Knights games!! Very family friendly, lots of people, very clean and nice stadium.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:02 PM

20 posts, read 44,253 times
Quote:
Thank you for the tips. Do they have a good turn out at the Knights games? I was glad to know there is a AAA team in the area so I can catch some games since I will be missing Fenway Park.
The turn out there is great but you'll still be missing Fenway Park, LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: