U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2014, 08:23 AM

230 posts, read 431,004 times

Advertisements

There is a good chance I will have an opportunity to relocate to the Charlotte area, so far I think I have narrowed my focus to Fort Mill or Mooresville/Denver area. I currently live on a very nice Golf Course with about an acre, I have a fairway behind my backyard and the Green of a Par 3 across the street from my front yard, We absolutely love it here. It looks like The Point would be similar plus it would have the Bonus of Lake Norman, I always wanted a boat, but I will not get one with-out a slip. I live in New England currently, Western MA.

Quick Questions Please

1. What other Neighborhoods might be similar? In Fort Mill I was looking at Springfield. My Budget varies greatly, honestly I am not sure if I want to reduce down to a 15 year mortgage or not, it will depend on what we find. Figure $500-750K or so.

2. Anyone live or used to live in The Point that knows how the Dues/Membership works for a family of 5 and could pass that on I would greatly appreciate it. It appears as though you have to be a member (I would join anyway), how much is it? What about the boat slip, is that a separate fee? Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

That is about it for now, LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

THANK YOU!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 10:00 AM

2,148 posts, read 3,674,931 times
The Point is a very desirable neighborhood on Lake Norman. My financial planner has a couple houses there and he has said that Trump has done good things for the golf club, although he and others were not happy about the installation of pine trees on their homes on the fairway. My opinion is although you will find a few homes priced in the upper $600k (older, small in comparison and possible less desirable location) that your price range will be difficult in your home search there. I would think $1 million is good price to buy in that neighborhood. I know my brokers 'weekend' home on the water which is not the floor plan I would want to live in could sell for a million but obviously waterfront land is at a crazy premium..

Old 01-18-2014, 10:19 AM

I do not want waterfront, I have young kids, almost everyone I have seen off the water falls in my price range? The only ones I see over a million are water front, am I missing something???

Old 01-20-2014, 04:31 AM

249 posts, read 371,300 times
also check out the peninsula in Cornelius. It is closer to charlotte and it has a fantastic country club.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:36 AM

Thank you will do!!!

Old 01-20-2014, 12:23 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,879,132 times
There's a lot of upper end country clubs in the Ballantyne area in Charlotte. Providence Country Club, The Club at Longview, Piper Glen Estates are a few that come to mind.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:50 PM

Thank you, I did see Longview, it appeared to be very nice.

I will look at the other 2

Old 01-22-2014, 12:03 PM

550 posts, read 1,620,894 times
The downside of the Point, once you have a membership, is trying to get rid of that membership. A few years ago, there were dozens of people trying to sell theirs.... in three years, people moved up about four spots on the list. In the meantime, they were locked into paying the monthly dues, etc., even though they moved out of the neighborhood. You also have a minimum to spend each month at the club. Granted, this was before Trump's takeover, but I would check the fine print on that stuff. I've heard of a lot of people who were unhappy when they moved because of the membership fees that left with them.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota4791 View Post
The downside of the Point, once you have a membership, is trying to get rid of that membership. A few years ago, there were dozens of people trying to sell theirs.... in three years, people moved up about four spots on the list. In the meantime, they were locked into paying the monthly dues, etc., even though they moved out of the neighborhood. You also have a minimum to spend each month at the club. Granted, this was before Trump's takeover, but I would check the fine print on that stuff. I've heard of a lot of people who were unhappy when they moved because of the membership fees that left with them.
I read some things about that so if my company relocates me to a different state I still have to pay? I will certainly look into this. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or