U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 06:22 PM

55 posts, read 47,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Dick, I meant stores that are in a significant amount of American cities.
Sorry. Then it probably has most. Who shops at Gucci, Channel, Armani, etc. anyway? My wife and I make over $300k per year, and yet we shop at Belk, TJ Maxx, and Target.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 02:43 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,017,382 times
Apparently there will be several changes to the Macy's wing of the mall at SouthPark. I believe H&M will be putting a store there, and Sur la Table is moving to that section also. And now the proposed Bloomingdale's.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:53 PM

341 posts, read 358,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Apparently there will be several changes to the Macy's wing of the mall at SouthPark. I believe H&M will be putting a store there, and Sur la Table is moving to that section also. And now the proposed Bloomingdale's.
H&M is taking the space from Macy's/Bloomingdale's to the food court (on the left). American Girl is taking the spaces from Macy's to The Limited, and The Limited is moving to the location where Body Central is now. Sur la Table is moving to the Dillard's wing, probably in the former Ann Taylor space. I've heard that a full-line Microsoft store is opening too, but I don't know if it is true or where it would go. I know that Lush and Armani will probably be opening sometime this spring, and Gucci and Louis Vuitton (expansion) will probably open by the end of the year.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:20 PM

1,054 posts, read 667,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
H&M is taking the space from Macy's/Bloomingdale's to the food court (on the left). American Girl is taking the spaces from Macy's to The Limited, and The Limited is moving to the location where Body Central is now. Sur la Table is moving to the Dillard's wing, probably in the former Ann Taylor space. I've heard that a full-line Microsoft store is opening too, but I don't know if it is true or where it would go. I know that Lush and Armani will probably be opening sometime this spring, and Gucci and Louis Vuitton (expansion) will probably open by the end of the year.
I had no idea Gucci and Armani were coming.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
I had no idea Gucci and Armani were coming.
St John is splitting their space. Gucci is taking part of it and St John will remain in the other. Armani Collezioni is opening in a portion of the former Ralph Lauren space. Louis Vuitton is taking the Lacoste space. Kate Spade is moving next to David Yurman and Lacoste will go in the Kate Spade space. Also, Juicy Couture is closing all of their stores. With Sur La Table moving, that leaves anywhere from 2-5 spaces that luxury retailers could potentially lease. Stores like BOSS, Anne Fontaine, Jimmy Choo, OMEGA, and Salvatore Ferragamo are all feasible for Charlotte. Hermès seems to be more discriminating about where they locate compared to these brands.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:02 PM

Did they close the Ralph Lauren store?

Old 02-09-2014, 08:47 PM

1,054 posts, read 667,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
St John is splitting their space. Gucci is taking part of it and St John will remain in the other. Armani Collezioni is opening in a portion of the former Ralph Lauren space. Louis Vuitton is taking the Lacoste space. Kate Spade is moving next to David Yurman and Lacoste will go in the Kate Spade space. Also, Juicy Couture is closing all of their stores. With Sur La Table moving, that leaves anywhere from 2-5 spaces that luxury retailers could potentially lease. Stores like BOSS, Anne Fontaine, Jimmy Choo, OMEGA, and Salvatore Ferragamo are all feasible for Charlotte. Hermès seems to be more discriminating about where they locate compared to these brands.
Doesn't Hermès already have a SouthPark store?

Old 02-10-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
Doesn't Hermès already have a SouthPark store?
Yes, and that was my point. Since Hermès already has a SouthPark store and they typically are more discriminatory on where they locate than the others, it seems more likely the others could come. Of course, a lot of these are online orders that determine where they open. Hermes had more Charlotte orders than most other cities, even larger cities.

Ralph Lauren closed last May. I don't believe they were carrying enough Black and Purple Label items in the store. They had too many Polo line items, which were carried at all of the department stores at SouthPark. Since then, Neiman Marcus stopped selling Polo Ralph Lauren for men and now has a vendor space for Women's RL Black Label.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:54 PM

What about an Armani Exchange store?

Old 02-10-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
What about an Armani Exchange store?
At this point in time I don't know of any plans for an A|X store in Charlotte. Collezioni is their highest end line other than Giorgio and is more traditional.

Also, doing a Google search I found a few items of interest. The first one is years old, but it includes Bloomingdale's as a future store at SouthPark, and other downtown locations were planned before.

Charlotte Electrical Contractor and Engineers | WB Moore Company

Another is after a few pages job listings will come up and will say things such as "View the job posting for Macy%27S Southpark, Charlotte, Nc: Macy%27S Cosmetics Referral at Bloomingdales in Charlotte" from a job listing website, and when you click on any one of these it goes away and it is impossible to find. It seems funny. This with all of the rumors is really to much to make me think it won't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte