Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2008, 11:44 AM

43 posts, read 104,241 times

Advertisements

can anyone give some input...other than web sites....1st hand on best elementary schools in uc...we do prefer traditional over the year round type....thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 12:36 PM

810 posts, read 2,282,362 times
We are in UC and at this point we are impressed w/ the elementary school where we're located. The teacher has been great. The school itself just opened in Aug. so of course everything is new. I've met several staff members and IMO everyone is super nice. We are very impressed w/ the academics and our childs learning experience. Luckily his teacher always takes it the extra mile.This has just been our experience since Oct and we hope we continue to have this type of experience w/ the school systems. Of course there are some complaints that we have heard from other parents which at times I must say that we have agreed -so nothing is perfect. Do your homework and research to make sure you make the right decision.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:20 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,281,087 times
Remember unless you are across the street from a School, the chances of being redistricted is very likely...there are now sub-divisions that are affected by the Middle and HS change, and once Cuthburtson Elem is built those will be redistricted out of New Town Elem and Kensington as well as some from Sandy Ridge Elem...Pls always do your homework with the union county public schools...

Old 03-22-2008, 01:24 PM

810 posts, read 2,282,362 times
Good point about redistricting. As we will be redistricted to the new school when it opens on Cuthburtson. So make sure you do your homework about the communities you are interested in and lots of research about the schools.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:26 PM

158 posts, read 409,323 times
We were redistricted to a new school in Virginia. We went went our kids were in 2nd and 1st Grade. It was great, a brand new building, everyone in our neighborhood went to - it was a good experience. But I say be ready to help and volunteer in any way you can the first year.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:28 PM

Also, we chose our neighborhood in Viriginia based on the best test scores. I hate statistics, but sometimes they're the only thing available. Our instincts were totally correct and the new school had the same great statistics because it had the same great kids!

Old 03-22-2008, 04:36 PM

396 posts, read 965,425 times
I love the school my younger 2 attend. It is a brand new school so there aren't any statistics available yet. The staff has been great so far this year. Definately be aware of redistricting but also be aware that some school are also capping enrollment. That means even if you move into an area assigned to a specific school, that doesn't automatically mean your child will attend that school.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:01 PM

Doesn't capping happen after the school year begins? I guess you need to call the schools. I heard they were doing this in SC Fort Mill area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: