Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 01:36 AM

41 posts, read 52,428 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband and I will be visiting Charlotte from Tuesday to Friday. The idea is to house hunting, since we will move there at the end of May, but house inventory in the area we are looking is kinda of low right now, so this gives us more time to "scouting" the city. Does anyone has suggestions?
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 05:03 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,195,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona84 View Post
Hello! My husband and I will be visiting Charlotte from Tuesday to Friday. The idea is to house hunting, since we will move there at the end of May, but house inventory in the area we are looking is kinda of low right now, so this gives us more time to "scouting" the city. Does anyone has suggestions?
Thank you!
We all have suggestions. It would be helpful to have some parameters. Job location, price, activities etc

Old 03-17-2014, 03:35 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,724,634 times
Arizona do you currently live in AZ?

Old 03-17-2014, 05:05 PM

Yep, we live in Tucson, but after 4 years, we are ready to go back to four seasons! (outside is already 81 F right now!)
We will stay in a B&B in Dilworth and are planning to take a look in the close neighborhoods, to see if we like the "feeling", run at Freedom Park, walking around Uptown since my husband will work there. I was wondering if there are some "must see" places in the area, since it will be my first visit in Charlotte! Thanks!

Old 03-17-2014, 10:46 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,724,634 times
Quote:
Yep, we live in Tucson, but after 4 years, we are ready to go back to four seasons! (outside is already 81 F right now!)
We will stay in a B&B in Dilworth and are planning to take a look in the close neighborhoods, to see if we like the "feeling", run at Freedom Park, walking around Uptown since my husband will work there. I was wondering if there are some "must see" places in the area, since it will be my first visit in Charlotte! Thanks!
I moved from there (Charlotte) to take a job in Phoenix, but have missed it. The city has grown a lot since I lived there, but I remember loving it. Honestly, if the opportunity arises for a return I will. Good luck with your move!

Last edited by goolsbyjazz; 03-17-2014 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: content correction.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:35 AM

328 posts, read 616,204 times
For what it's worth, here are some of my suggestions for places that really made me fall in love with Charlotte.

Restaurants:
Mert's in Uptown (great southern / soul food), Hawthorne Pizza, Fuel Pizza on South Blvd (a CLT staple, open late), The Peculiar Rabbit for drinks, Bad Daddy's in Dilworth (burgers), Pike's in South End has fantastic desserts and is really charming, Sunflour Bakery on 7th is a little pricey as far as bakeries go, but the food is wonderful. 7th street Market (in Uptown) also has a lot of eating options.

Sight-seeing:
Freedom Park for sure - if you run, be sure to cross over onto the Little Sugar Creek Greenway, which will take you into Uptown. Also, sometimes I like to run in Myers Park because it's really gorgeous.
If you like to shop, South Park has a bunch of mid- and upscale stores.
Uptown has a great collection of public art. You can download a self-guided tour at Arts & Science Council. Other great art spots are the galleries in NoDa, the Cultural Campus at the southern part of Uptown (Mint Museum, Gantt Center, Bechtler Museum), and Mint Museum Randolph over on Randolph Road.
NASCAR museum is cool if you're interested in racing. So is the Levine Museum for cultural history - both are located in Uptown.

Miscellaneous:
One of the must-do's is Amelies, a 24/7 french bakery and coffee shop, located in NoDa. It's gotten much busier in the past couple of years, but it is absolutely worth the lines. Really special place in Charlotte. While you're in NoDa, check out some of the microbreweries, galleries, and pubs. It's a cool neighborhood.
The Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden is a little bit of a drive (maybe 30 mins from Uptown) but it's beautiful.
Metalmorphosis, another Charlotte arts landmark, is hard to explain, a little creepy, but really cool. It's a huge public sculpture kind of out in the middle of nowhere. Worth checking out though.

There are tons more places that I haven't included here (or even thought of, really). But these are just some of my favorites. Hope you have a great time in the QC!

Old 03-20-2014, 03:40 PM

119 posts, read 160,908 times
Quote:
Thank you!
Be ready for a great change! I love Phoenix but I'm over it..LOL Visit the Lake Norman area and Huntersville if you get a chance. Best of luck with everything.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:11 PM

We are SOOOOO in love with Charlotte! It is a wonderful city and we liked every seconds we spent there! Charlotte weather was delightful and the scenery is breathtaking. Driving around in blooming avenues is something that we really missed from our hometown (North Italy). Uptown and the city in general look very clean and well organized. Also we enjoyed the variety of restaurants available. We are looking forward June to move officially there!

(Eastcoast127, thank you for your suggestions! My husband fell in love with his Bad Daddy's milkshake!)

Old 03-23-2014, 11:15 PM

95 posts, read 163,127 times
Charlotte is a great place, and for me I honestly did not appreciate it as much as I should have when I was living there. I hope you and your husband are able to experience the greatness that it truly has to offer.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 AM

328 posts, read 616,204 times
Great to hear! Glad you enjoyed it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte