Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:25 PM

70 posts, read 195,562 times

Advertisements

Hello All -

We made it down to Union County, visited some family and spent the rest of the time searching for our new home. We ultimately settled on Fieldstone Farms in Indian Trail. Its north of the Monroe Bypass proposal so we're fine with that, and from what I've researched Centex' reputation is impecable. Porter Ridge Schools are not the absolute top rated like Weddington however, like anything else it is what you make of them. Our kids perform excellently now and they aren't in the greatest schools, Porter Ridge is a step up for us.
We'll see you all in August, we can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 07:27 PM

513 posts, read 2,112,034 times
Hi nudnk - I noticed that you had asked in your original post about sports here. In addition to school sports, the communities around here have great programs. You can check out the Indian Trail Athletic Association:
Indian Trails Athletic Association
Also Matthews Athletic & Recreation Association:
Matthews Athletic & Recreation Association - News
Also Weddington/Wesley Chapel Athletic Association:
Wesley Chapel Weddington Athletic Association - News
We have done MARA sports for some time and love it. I have also heard great things about the others. Baseball, soccer, football, basketball, lacrosse are a few of the sports offered. Some of the subdivisions with community pools have swim teams. Good luck with your move here!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 15,043 times
Default Charlotte Rocks

Another stepping stone today. We got a big time basketball team for our NBA team! Larry Brown...Sports as well as the town our growing. We built an Eastwood Homes not long ago and it blows away anything you can get around here or in New York. They seem like the Builders I knew up North that came from generations of Building. I actually met the owner! They gave our family a great home and send us maintanance tips every season to keep our home working properly.

We debated between 2 Eastwood Homes communities. We thought they would both be great for our kids, but we chose Crismark due to Lisa's job. It is so close to Crismark. We are thrilled and the neighboors our cool. Lots of kids and things in common. Good luck with your search.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:23 PM

529 posts, read 1,979,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTrailDude View Post
I would recommend you put Bonterra, Annandale, Fieldstone Farms and Glendalough on your list of places to check out in the Indian Trail area. These are all fairly new neighborhoods in the Porter Ridge HS area. Very nice schools with a good sports program (including soccer), reasonable housing prices compared to the Marvin area.
These are great suggestions. Annandale and Glendalough are very nice. McCarr builds in Annandale and Ryan homes in Glendalough. Fieldstone is a nice new neighborhood and very close to Porter Ridge Schools. They are transitioning between their 3rd principal at the high school, so it should settle down and start to excel with stability.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:15 AM

77 posts, read 217,531 times
I live in Cureton (Waxhaw-Marvin). ...so many nice kids!

Old 04-30-2008, 09:43 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney888 View Post
nudnk,

Hi, I am from Hackettstown, not too far from you in NJ. We are exploring the possibilities of moving to NC too. Very tired of paying NJ taxes... ours are over 10K! I have been researching the Lincolnton and Lake Norman areas and have been hearing Waxhaw pop up regularly on this forumn. What drew you to that area?

Rachael
I am from NJ too, Hunterdon County. We are moving to Lincolnton/Denver area in July. We chose that area because of Schools and it reminded us most of where we live now. A little more rural and more space between me an my neighbors. Good luck with your move.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:11 AM

810 posts, read 2,292,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
I am from NJ too, Hunterdon County. We are moving to Lincolnton/Denver area in July. We chose that area because of Schools and it reminded us most of where we live now. A little more rural and more space between me an my neighbors. Good luck with your move.
What part of Hunterdon? We had lived in Readington and Holland Townships.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,190 times
Default Another Warren County resident on the way

My family and I are also moving from Mansfield, likely to Union County. Seems like an exodus from NJ and the high tax burden!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:37 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post
What part of Hunterdon? We had lived in Readington and Holland Townships.
I'm from Holland Township. I didn't mention it because no one has ever heard of it, including people from NJ.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:49 PM

810 posts, read 2,292,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
I'm from Holland Township. I didn't mention it because no one has ever heard of it, including people from NJ.
Wow, I sent you a DM. I greatly miss The Baker and Frenchtown Cafe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte