U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:02 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,056,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHOMEBOY View Post
We live in Waxhaw,and were thrilled when one opened up just dow the road. My wife and I are from Columbus, and when we finally tasted Donatos again, it was like going home. It's great pizza....but I suggest you ask them to make the crust a little extra crispy......I guess they need to leave it on the conveyer belt a little longer!

Conveyer Belt That makes this ex NY'ers ears hurt!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 03:19 PM

64 posts, read 143,472 times
Ohio pizza???????? That is amusing. The only pizza worth mentioning is NY pizza. Period. Ohio has nice, uh, well, hmm. Anyway, pizza, NY, period.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:45 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,143,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson12 View Post
Ohio pizza???????? That is amusing. The only pizza worth mentioning is NY pizza. Period. Ohio has nice, uh, well, hmm. Anyway, pizza, NY, period.

Just don't get Pizza. Yes, I've had NY Pizza in NY (and other places like Philly and Chi). It's not BBQ, it isn't fried chicken, it sure isn't shrimp and grits...I just don't get it..gooey, greasy and messy... snore...

Old 03-01-2008, 09:39 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,709,506 times
Step-son worked at Donotos in Reynoldsburg. It was better than Dominos but maybe just slightly above most others. They produced the first pizza with pineapple on top that I had ever eaten. Nice to have them in the Charlotte area, but I can only give them a grade of B+ compared to other local pizza places.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:23 AM

100 posts, read 325,456 times
There is a Donatos on the corner of New Town Road and Providence road in Union Uounty

Old 03-02-2008, 07:09 AM

9 posts, read 28,124 times
Columbus Ohio has the worst pizza out of any major city in the united states (charlotte Pizza is MUCH better) and Donatos is the flagship style of Columbus Pizza (cracker crust junk). However Ohio pizza is not all that bad - consider Youngstown Ohio, a melting pot of Italian culture, and the pizza there is outstanding. Much more Sicilian sytle than NY style, but very good.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,470,348 times
I had Donatos yesterday and it was not to bad. I am not sure what kind of sausage they use but it has a zing to it. I like my pizza with alot of sauce which I had trouble in tasting. I like how they slice the pizza into strips kinda like how bread strips are cut for easy managability and less mess and Im not sure what they sprinkle on top of it Im assuming Oregano.

It did not hit the top of my list but I am willing to give them another try.
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Old 03-03-2008, 02:03 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,763,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl0810 View Post
Columbus Ohio has the worst pizza out of any major city in the united states (charlotte Pizza is MUCH better) and Donatos is the flagship style of Columbus Pizza (cracker crust junk). However Ohio pizza is not all that bad - consider Youngstown Ohio, a melting pot of Italian culture, and the pizza there is outstanding. Much more Sicilian sytle than NY style, but very good.
That's the way Buffalo style pizza is. It's thicker than NYC pizza, but thinner than Chicago and Sicilian (though most places offer Sicilian) and I really like the thicker dough. Most NYC pizza to me is just too thin and not filling enough (and yes I've had NYC pizza in NYC).

Old 03-03-2008, 02:10 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,763,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
Just don't get Pizza. Yes, I've had NY Pizza in NY (and other places like Philly and Chi). It's not BBQ, it isn't fried chicken, it sure isn't shrimp and grits...I just don't get it..gooey, greasy and messy... snore...
Yep, because every family in the country gets together on Friday nights and calls up their local shrimp and grits restaurant for takeout. Shrinmp n grits is only predominant in one area of the country for a reason...nobody else likes it.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:19 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,294,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Yep, because every family in the country gets together on Friday nights and calls up their local shrimp and grits restaurant for takeout. Shrinmp n grits is only predominant in one area of the country for a reason...nobody else likes it.
PLENTY of people ADORE shrimp and grits Groove! I've venture to say the only people who don't really love it are people who haven't tried it (it does sound like a weird combination!). In fact, I would take shrimp and grits over any kind of pizza - Ohio, Chicago or New York - any day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte