Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 10:34 AM

42 posts, read 65,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Strike View Post
It's great to see growth, but I'd like to see more ambitious designs like those rising in NY and Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 03:59 PM

105 posts, read 117,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Strike View Post
The film studio proposal is dead. The developer could not show ways of how he would have funded this project, and the NC film incentives have expired. He did say he was interested in building the studio in SC.

As for Eastland, there is a study happening now to help determine the best use of the site. The report should be available sometime early next year.
Thats really unfortunate. but i am sure that the Co could of bought land elsewhere in the city instead of expecting a donation. I was just reading up on this project. and it was just handled sloppy all around. The Film Co. should of had a backup plan just in case the Eastland Site didn't work out. they could had several properties lined up. there is plenty of undeveloped land in Charlotte. And i would of thought that the Film Co. would of had a full and completed business plan detailing who their backers are and where they are getting the funds for the project before they even proposed the idea to the city. but that is just how i think. But i think that this is a sad opportunity lost for the city. This could of been a great boom to bring more younger people and business to the area. It would especially boosted tourism. Hopefully Charlotte will get another chance to build a Film Studio in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte