Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 11:33 AM

834 posts, read 1,015,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkforu View Post
I was at the Regel Cinema movie theater at Stonecrest a few weekends ago and they charged me $4.75 for a bottle of water (and it was the small average bottle, not the gigantic bottle). But I was thirsty so I paid it.

You don't pay taxes for the building and operation of that though..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 12:33 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,862,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
You don't pay taxes for the building and operation of that though..
To the best of my knowledge the Knights got all the money, from the city and county, that they're going to get. Yes, the Ballpark is leased for $1/yr, but that's certainly offset by the increased property tax and sales tax revenue.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:49 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,609,428 times
This is a thread about food prices, do we have to get into the tax debate. If folks don't agree with the tax structure of Charlotte, move.

As for food, I did not see anything our of the ordinary for food prices...$2.50 for a large coke which is $5 at BofA Stadium. A brisket sandwich & chips were $10 which is no different than BofA or TWC Arena. Prices seemed to be more in line with Williams-Brice Stadium. In fact, I was a little surprised at the lower cost of some items. If you are going to any ballgame from High School to the Super Bowl, prices are not going to be cheap.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
This is a thread about food prices, do we have to get into the tax debate. If folks don't agree with the tax structure of Charlotte, move.

As for food, I did not see anything our of the ordinary for food prices...$2.50 for a large coke which is $5 at BofA Stadium. A brisket sandwich & chips were $10 which is no different than BofA or TWC Arena. Prices seemed to be more in line with Williams-Brice Stadium. In fact, I was a little surprised at the lower cost of some items. If you are going to any ballgame from High School to the Super Bowl, prices are not going to be cheap.
So it's about the same for all stadiums? I think I've heard that before,,, oh yeah I posted that a few posts ago..

Other states also pay for sports that are only affordable by a minority with everyone's taxes..

By the way add 3.35xmileage to those 'pocket change' prices that your class are owed by the working class..

Last edited by TJJT; 04-19-2014 at 01:53 PM..

Old 04-19-2014, 04:12 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,017,578 times
Quote:
So it's about the same for all stadiums? I think I've heard that before,,, oh yeah I posted that a few posts ago..

Other states also pay for sports that are only affordable by a minority with everyone's taxes..

By the way add 3.35xmileage to those 'pocket change' prices that your class are owed by the working class..
If you live in Maiden, your taxes didn't pay a dime toward the stadium.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:52 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,609,428 times
Quote:

Actually, I said they are not out of the ordinary, not the same. I got a large coke for $2.5 and a mixed drink for $8. That is cheaper than BofA and TWC Arena. Food wise, the brisket is higher dollar item in general so comparing it to other stadiums is a little harder. I do think it is in line with Williams Brice, a college stadium which is much cheaper than BofA and TWC.

Not interested in your tax comments, I don't care. If you want to start a class warfare or tax argument do it in the appropriate thread.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
If you live in Maiden, your taxes didn't pay a dime toward the stadium.
You think Charlotte City Council gets 90 million from a county or city revenue source? You must be joking.. 90 million is just the cost for upgrades too, the actual construction was way over that crushes that..

This isn't class warfare, rich and upper-middle people in this country are getting a free ride off the backs of the working poor and act like it's ridiculous when anyone complains, cause they have to pay equal margin taxes on all the junk they own and don't understand basic mathematics and economics..

Old 04-19-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
You think Charlotte City Council gets 90 million from a county or city revenue source? You must be joking.. 90 million is just the cost for upgrades too, the actual construction was way over that crushes that..

This isn't class warfare, rich and upper-middle people in this country are getting a free ride off the backs of the working poor and act like it's ridiculous when anyone complains, cause they have to pay equal margin taxes on all the junk they own and don't understand basic mathematics and economics..
You sure have a difficult time staying focused. The thread is about BB&T Ballpark, and the food prices. It's NOT about the upgrades at BOA stadium.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
You sure have a difficult time staying focused. The thread is about BB&T Ballpark, and the food prices. It's NOT about the upgrades at BOA stadium.
The argument had nothing to do with BB&T especially after you compared 'all' stadiums.. I may have attention issues, but at lease I have reading comprehension and remember more than 1/4 of an argument..

Old 04-19-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
The argument had nothing to do with BB&T especially after you compared 'all' stadiums.. I may have attention issues, but at lease I have reading comprehension and remember more than 1/4 of an argument..
Have you been drinking? I didn't say ANYTHING about "all stadiums." As a matter of fact, the only thing I said about taxes was that BB&T received all they were going to receive. And THAT was only brought up because somehow, you correlated someone else commenting on what they paid for a bottle of water at the cinema to taxpayer funding of...well, I don't know, because you keep changing the venue.

I think, as another poster suggested, if you want to P&M about taxes (and since you live in CATAWBA, I don't see that you have a dog in the fight), perhaps you should choose the appropriate venue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte