U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 09:51 AM

136 posts, read 302,781 times

Advertisements

Looking for any input/opinions on the below subdivisions as we continue our house search. Specifically amenities, feel of the community, demographic info (we are a couple in our 30s with no children), and the difficulty of getting onto 485 (both inner and outer as one of us travels to Ballantyne, the other to University Area). We are really interested in a more established community, but some of these subdivisions have new builds available and we would consider those. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone knows if the newer phases of these communities have those low-privacy grid-like backyards that a lot of subdivisions have. I think we'll take a drive around this weekend, but any info on these specific communities would be a big help.

Union County:

Callonwood
Willowbrook
Morningside
Lake Park
Annandale
Crismark
Shiloh Trace

Meck County:

Thornblade
Matthews Plantation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 10:38 AM

6,032 posts, read 7,557,107 times
The commute from Indian Trail to the University will take 45 minutes minimum. Have you considered other neighborhoods in South Charlotte like Starmount, Selwyn Park, etc...? Those might meet your needs and you will both have shorter drives to work.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:51 AM

136 posts, read 302,781 times
My husband has coworkers in Indian Trail and they are at work in 25 minutes on 485 to Rocky River Road... we are trying to avoid some of the further out areas of Indian Trail but haven't ruled them out as there is a possibility that his office will eventually be relocating to Ballantyne, making the commute to his current office a moot point.

Our preference after reviewing a lot of different areas and the amount of house we can get for our money is the Union County part of "Matthews" (or Stallings, or whatever it is actually...) but we are considering Indian Trail. Our budget is around 250k and we like what we can get where we are looking. We also like the suburban feel of Matthews downtown a little bit more than being in Charlotte proper.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:05 PM

925 posts, read 1,858,559 times
I live in Indian Trail in Glendalough. It takes us 35 minutes to get to UNCC. Stallings would be a little closer if it's on the (I'm not sure which direction) NE maybe side of 485. Annandale is very close to us. Crismarck just a little closer to 485. Lake Park about the same. I am not familiar with the other subdivisions you listed. I work in Ft. Mill and take I-485 to Providence to Ardrey Kell and across and it takes me about 45 minutes. Providence is where the traffic starts to back up and stop in the mornings. I have friends that live in Fairhaven in Stallings and they really like it.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:59 AM

31 posts, read 31,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
I live in Indian Trail in Glendalough. It takes us 35 minutes to get to UNCC. Stallings would be a little closer if it's on the (I'm not sure which direction) NE maybe side of 485. Annandale is very close to us. Crismarck just a little closer to 485. Lake Park about the same. I am not familiar with the other subdivisions you listed. I work in Ft. Mill and take I-485 to Providence to Ardrey Kell and across and it takes me about 45 minutes. Providence is where the traffic starts to back up and stop in the mornings. I have friends that live in Fairhaven in Stallings and they really like it.

What would the commute be to Uptown from Glendalough? Was looking in that area but need to commute to uptown daily.

Thanks!

Old 04-29-2014, 06:01 PM

925 posts, read 1,858,559 times
I have never gone uptown in morning traffic, but we go all the way up Idlewild to 74 and into uptown. I know I have taken my husband to the airport several times in a good amount of traffic which is past uptown and I think it was about 45 mintues. It's not a bad drive, as I said, it just depends on traffic. You learn when to leave. For instance, if I leave before 7 from my house to Ft. Mill I can get to work in 35-40 minutes, if I leave after 7 it takes about 50. We love this area. It's out of the city feel (not out in the country feel) but very close to everything we need and not a bad commute to any of the Charlotte malls or shopping. I hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or