U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:10 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,710,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
Dude, you people are better than me because heck if I could read through that whole thing, sheesh.
Wow, talk about being long winded. I may have an idea why her boyfriend left for Charlotte?

Old 12-10-2007, 04:13 PM

19 posts, read 33,825 times
Default Thanks for reading

Sorry for the writting was done at 5 am in the morning and I was trying hard to be brief about what was going on in my life. I'm glad you all got the idea and responded. I will be going for the second time to Charlotte and spend Christmas with his family and of course *him*. I will have to make a decision. Whatever it is and where ever it is I would have to start my life all again with or without him so I will prepaRE two suitcases one will come with me and the other will stay at my parents house for "if" I decide to bring the rest of the stuff and live in Charlotte. Your respondes do really help. Thanks

Old 12-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Wow, talk about being long winded. I may have an idea why her boyfriend left for Charlotte?
btw he is originally from there, He's got a great job, his family close and basically all his life there. I am the one doing the changes due to my unstable ground and his kind acts towards me persuade me in a way. But eventhough he is a wonderful person and man I have been alone basically all my life and in some way feel like I failded by running to a warm haert in a place that makes me feel destined to raise a family for the rest of my life with him.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:45 PM

56 posts, read 195,981 times
I think you should print out your post and when you visit him at Christmas...show it to him. Discuss it, but don't go against your gut, he has a right to know how you REALLY feel, your confusion. You shouldn't move, you would be miserable...not because of Charlotte, but your not sure of who you are and exactly what you want. That would be leading him on, because if what you say is true, he is smitten with you. Let him make the choice of what he wants to do, if he wants to move back out with you. Just be honest...that is the only way, and if you value him than he is worthy of the truth. Your post explains alot, give it to him. Good luck

Old 12-10-2007, 06:24 PM

116 posts, read 298,963 times
Ahhh yes, lets boil it down to its essence here. Whiny, allegedly gifted, sexually confused luvvy/liberal art student seeks her cutting edge anything goes SanFran style city.
Needs a free meal ticket for same but all thats on offer in the way of a warm blanket is the possibilty of a move to the uncultured backwaters of a no name city called urgghh! Charlotte.....

Sweetheart get a life or get a relationship counselor, one or the other, preferably both.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:30 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,647,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_to_USA View Post
Ahhh yes, lets boil it down to its essence here. Whiny, allegedly gifted, sexually confused luvvy/liberal art student seeks her cutting edge anything goes SanFran style city.
Needs a free meal ticket for same but all thats on offer in the way of a warm blanket is the possibilty of a move to the uncultured backwaters of a no name city called urgghh! Charlotte.....

Sweetheart get a life or get a relationship counselor, one or the other, preferably both.

It needed to be said

OP..........I would say NY and San Fran is more your style.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:36 PM

533 posts, read 1,637,518 times
i think you may chose the wrong avenue for the answers you are seeking. if you think that you will get sound advice about the personal issues of your life from strangers on a message board, then check out the relationship section on yahoo answers (Family & Relationships - Yahoo! Answers). i think communicating with your boyfriend might be a better option. or try talking to a friend you can trust. or even a counselor (as a counselor in training, i think this is a great option!). this message board isn't really for matters of the heart as you can tell by some of the sarcastic responses you got.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:42 PM

Honestly you are right, But with a few days to travel I would like to hear what people have to say. UK_to_USA is the most agresive anylisis but with his or her user name you can sort of tell what he or she had to defeat by arriving to the US. I'm thinking his life must be limited to simplicity and production-Theres no turning back- right? But he may be right coming from his situation.
So, its all good. I truely appriciate and admire people that are willing to place a thought in my situation. Thanks again
G

Old 12-10-2007, 09:59 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
I wish I knew how to reach your "total sweetheart" to tell him to RUN as fast as he can in the opposite direction from you. And you know in your heart he should, don't you?

I am not saying you are in any way a bad person - but you are a very complicated person who will most likely be very bad for him in the long run. Do him the favor now, don't drag him into your sexuality search, your drama, your believed need for "more" than you are going to be able to find in Charlotte or in him.

Remain friends, come to visit him sometime, but get on with your own life on the terms you have decided you must live by (which aren't really his).

If you have the kind of heart I think you do, you will hate yourself later for breaking his when you do. Save both of you the grief by remembering to remain authenic and true to yourself now.

Best of everything to you

Old 12-11-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I wish I knew how to reach your "total sweetheart" to tell him to RUN as fast as he can in the opposite direction from you. And you know in your heart he should, don't you?

I am not saying you are in any way a bad person - but you are a very complicated person who will most likely be very bad for him in the long run. Do him the favor now, don't drag him into your sexuality search, your drama, your believed need for "more" than you are going to be able to find in Charlotte or in him.

Remain friends, come to visit him sometime, but get on with your own life on the terms you have decided you must live by (which aren't really his).

If you have the kind of heart I think you do, you will hate yourself later for breaking his when you do. Save both of you the grief by remembering to remain authenic and true to yourself now.

Best of everything to you
Thanks for your honesty and responding in a very subtle manner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or