U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:12 AM

674 posts, read 604,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by givialuna View Post
Sorry for the writting was done at 5 am in the morning and I was trying hard to be brief about what was going on in my life. I'm glad you all got the idea and responded. I will be going for the second time to Charlotte and spend Christmas with his family and of course *him*. I will have to make a decision. Whatever it is and where ever it is I would have to start my life all again with or without him so I will prepaRE two suitcases one will come with me and the other will stay at my parents house for "if" I decide to bring the rest of the stuff and live in Charlotte. Your respondes do really help. Thanks
Yeah be sure to dump him after Christmas, you don't want to miss out on more freebies.

Some people....

Old 12-13-2007, 07:42 AM

5,975 posts, read 17,556,376 times
gvialuna - My best advice for you is to just be prepared for the consequences of your decision(s) and line up your contingencies. Everyone has a reason for moving here, and you have touched a lot of raw nerves with your post. If you decide to move to Charlotte and find that it does not fit your needs, then line up your alternatives even before that event. People who move here tend to second guess their decision for a while until they get the real lay of the land. If I have to put in my 2 cents worth to this thread, I came from CA before CT before Charlotte and find my decision to move here worthwhile, even with the job opportunity I came here for going south (no pun intended!). This place has a lot of redeeming qualities, things that are meaningful overall, like morality. If you end up leaving Charlotte after making that move here, I am sure that you will take with you more than what you came here with.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:00 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,710,137 times
Quote:
gaining up with UK_to _USA. Just so you know My zip code is close to 90210 and I never needed a "free meal" nor I desired a "warm blanket" ever in my life, I have a few. Remember I am making a move form CA to NC and not the other way around. if it were the other way around I would not be in a hesitant mood and the "blanket & meal" would be worth every dime. I respond because I am waiting for some useful information so If you have something constructive to offer..I'm all ears. ciao!
This is the only posting that I have read that you have composed. All I can say is that it seems that you would fit in better with the California crowd. There are more pretentious individuals there. And you seem to be impressed with your zip code 90210. Who carries a zip code book? Is that Watts? Oh yea, that's right, there was some lame T.V. program by that name. I hope that I have been constructive. Seriously, you wouldn't like it in North Carolina, just another state with ordinary people.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:08 AM

Quote:
gaining up with UK_to _USA. Just so you know My zip code is close to 90210 and I never needed a "free meal" nor I desired a "warm blanket" ever in my life, I have a few. Remember I am making a move form CA to NC and not the other way around. if it were the other way around I would not be in a hesitant mood and the "blanket & meal" would be worth every dime. I respond because I am waiting for some useful information so If you have something constructive to offer..I'm all ears. ciao!
Glad to see that you are impressed with yourself. You seem like the person that would blend in better with the pretentious crowd in California. People in North Carolina will probably be disappointing to you. Save yourself a lot of grief and heartache and stay where you are.

P.S. Our neighborhoods are as good as yours and our schools are better unless you live in San Diego. I have never needed a "free meal" or a "warm blanket" either. Maybe I should move to 90210? Where is that? Is it near Watts?

Old 12-14-2007, 03:56 AM

19 posts, read 33,825 times
Comparing 90210 to my zip code may have been a lame statement but it was intended to demonstrate that I am not in need of "freebies". Honestly I am not here to fight and for those that only know how to respond attacking STOP READING ME! Move on with your life! This is a place where I came to view peoples opinions and maybe share experienced points of views.
I truely wish NC has everything I am looking for and most of the time I ask and speak out of other peoples reflections towards comparing NC to the rest of the US. I don't know North Carolina good enough to judge it, I just ask and may repeat what I have heard out of other people I know and even through this blog service. BTW my friend is no "poor boy" he is an incredible person, maybe not as "spoild" as me but he has his share of quality.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
gvialuna - My best advice for you is to just be prepared for the consequences of your decision(s) and line up your contingencies. Everyone has a reason for moving here, and you have touched a lot of raw nerves with your post. If you decide to move to Charlotte and find that it does not fit your needs, then line up your alternatives even before that event. People who move here tend to second guess their decision for a while until they get the real lay of the land. If I have to put in my 2 cents worth to this thread, I came from CA before CT before Charlotte and find my decision to move here worthwhile, even with the job opportunity I came here for going south (no pun intended!). This place has a lot of redeeming qualities, things that are meaningful overall, like morality. If you end up leaving Charlotte after making that move here, I am sure that you will take with you more than what you came here with.
Thanks! I really appriciate what you wrote

Old 12-14-2007, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymom4 View Post
All I can saw is, wow, you have a LOT of decisions to make. Just relax and come to Charlotte with an open mind. Sounds like you have some great opportunities here so don't rule us out just yet. We are not a Seattle, New York or San Francisco though but I think you will find Charlotte as a pretty neat place.
Travelling in 4 hours! Thanks for the positive respondes

Old 12-14-2007, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) - have a son who graduated from SCAD - terrific degree, wonderful college, charming city and very supportive of the arts and students.

If you decide to come to Charlotte, you could see how you feel about SCAD . . . and see if you want to make plans to eventually go there.

Also, there are BFAs and MFAs available from universities here in NC, such as East Carolina, UNC-G, and AppState. I have not checked this out recently, so you will want to get online to make sure what programs are available . . . but I am pretty sure the ones I listed are current. I am not sure about art therapy, as the only program I had checked out was w/ KU, I believe, in Lawrence, KS.

The other decisions about your personal life are not going to be easy and you may find CLT is not for you. However, now may be the time to explore it. You may be surprised what artists are doing here.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info

Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 AM

674 posts, read 604,253 times
Quote:
Travelling in 4 hours! Thanks for the positive respondes
Oh joy the countdown begins.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
Oh joy the countdown begins.
And no doubt first class with the other valley girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or