Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2007, 08:22 PM

273 posts, read 1,338,418 times

Advertisements

first of all. WOOHOOOOOO Uconn is playing their bowl game here

Ok with that said, since I've never been to BOA stadium, what is typical there? I mean how is parking, where to park? Will people be tailgaiting? Is it allowed? What other things should I be worried about, how early to get there, non-obvious things to bring? All that jazz. I'm stoked this is so awesome and I think they're playing Wake Forest which will be even cooler since they're NC native.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 08:45 PM

870 posts, read 3,527,365 times
not sure where you are from but b of a stadium is not like other nfl stadiums. it is not built with parking lots around it. there is plenty of parking near the stadium but expect to pay between $5 - $20. further away, you can find free parking.
depending on what lot you park in depends on whether you can tailgate. if you want to tailgate, then arrive hours early.
seats on the south side are in the shade so prepare for the sun setting early and the weather to change.
could ride the lynx uptown and walk to the stadium but then you have to crash someone elses tailgate party and they may not be near the train stop.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:21 PM

47 posts, read 120,938 times
i dont think you will have to be too woried about time for this one. Dont know if it will be the same as panther games, but i like to park at Morehead Street Tavern (close to stadium) you pay $10 or $15 to park but then you get a voucher for the same amount to the bar/grill. You then will have the luxery of walking around near the stadium and tailgating.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:40 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Park somewhere along south blvd and take the rail o the game. Much easier than parking.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:32 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
There are several Park-n-Ride lots once you get to about Scaleybark Station and Southward and parking is free.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:58 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Oh, the Checkers are playing at home that night and if you show your bowl ticket stub, you get 2 tix for the price of one. Pretty smart promo on their part.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:04 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedSOUL83 View Post
first of all. WOOHOOOOOO Uconn is playing their bowl game here

Ok with that said, since I've never been to BOA stadium, what is typical there? I mean how is parking, where to park? Will people be tailgaiting? Is it allowed? What other things should I be worried about, how early to get there, non-obvious things to bring? All that jazz. I'm stoked this is so awesome and I think they're playing Wake Forest which will be even cooler since they're NC native.
This has some good info: Meineke Car Care Bowl

Old 12-11-2007, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 5,672 times
I am going to the Panthers v. Seahawks game this sunday. Needed some info on the parking lots. what is the best parking lot for tailgating. General parking. How early should I get to the lots, so I know I will have a good spot, to tailgate. Any help greatly appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte