Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 04:51 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,127,829 times

Advertisements

It's really sad that we have to accept the fact there are evil people that do evil things, whether it's towards people or towards animals. To harm any innocent animal or human is something I have a hard time accepting though.

CMPD: Goose euthanized after stoning | WCNC.com Charlotte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 08:21 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,227,219 times
Someone needs to be caught, taken out into the woods, and have their knees crushed. Maybe walking with a painful limp for the rest of their life will remind them to be kind to others. Obviously anyone who had been tasked to teach them this has failed, so it's time for a different kind of parenting.

This pisses me off so much the hair on my neck is standing up.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:39 AM

645 posts, read 1,069,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Someone needs to be caught, taken out into the woods, and have their knees crushed. Maybe walking with a painful limp for the rest of their life will remind them to be kind to others. Obviously anyone who had been tasked to teach them this has failed, so it's time for a different kind of parenting.

This pisses me off so much the hair on my neck is standing up.
Just goes to show: cruelty begets cruelty.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryBGood View Post
Just goes to show: cruelty begets cruelty.
Maybe it should. Maybe if we punished an attack like this at 10 times the level of the attack, fewer people would do it. Instead, the person will get a few months probation.

What's your solution? Put the guy in time out?

Old 05-04-2014, 12:28 PM

397 posts, read 664,941 times
Hopefully you are equally upset about how your meat, milk, and eggs reach your plate. At least this goose was spared his misery after a short period. Many farm animals are tortured for years and then violently and inhumanely slaughtered for our consumption. Human beings are cruel, selfish beings. Not all of them, but most. Poor goose.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:30 PM

125 posts, read 243,571 times
Quote:
Maybe it should. Maybe if we punished an attack like this at 10 times the level of the attack, fewer people would do it. Instead, the person will get a few months probation.

What's your solution? Put the guy in time out?
I'm sorry but a few months probation is a just punishment, it is only a goose. A child was shot to death in North Charlotte on Friday and you guys are arguing about cruelty done to a bird. Don't get me wrong, animal cruelty of any kind is a serious matter, but as a society our priorities for compassion need to be reevaluated.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakekansas123 View Post
I'm sorry but a few months probation is a just punishment, it is only a goose. A child was shot to death in North Charlotte on Friday and you guys are arguing about cruelty done to a bird. Don't get me wrong, animal cruelty of any kind is a serious matter, but as a society our priorities for compassion need to be reevaluated.
A few months probation is nothing at all.

I'm sure there are plenty of people concerned about the child who was shot, but that's not in this thread. Maybe you haven't seen my thoughts on murderers and the death penalty.

You are aware that a common precursor to murderers is the abuse of animals, yes?

Old 05-04-2014, 04:38 PM

125 posts, read 243,571 times
Quote:
A few months probation is nothing at all.

I'm sure there are plenty of people concerned about the child who was shot, but that's not in this thread. Maybe you haven't seen my thoughts on murderers and the death penalty.

You are aware that a common precursor to murderers is the abuse of animals, yes?
Yes I am aware of the corelation. You are right, a few months is nothing because the way I see it, killing a goose is nothing. It was a random act of violence that I doubt was premeditated. I had to eradicate my lawn of moles last year, I knew very well what was happening, I wasn't proud of it but they were tearing up my grass. There is a difference (my own opinion) in killing a random goose and animal abuse that deserves incarceration. Chaining an animal to a fence or refusing to feed a pet is sickening and grounds for criminal charges because you have an agreement to take care of that animal and you owe it to them to do so. I guess we can just agree to disagree on this one.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakekansas123 View Post
Yes I am aware of the corelation. You are right, a few months is nothing because the way I see it, killing a goose is nothing. It was a random act of violence that I doubt was premeditated. I had to eradicate my lawn of moles last year, I knew very well what was happening, I wasn't proud of it but they were tearing up my grass. There is a difference (my own opinion) in killing a random goose and animal abuse that deserves incarceration. Chaining an animal to a fence or refusing to feed a pet is sickening and grounds for criminal charges because you have an agreement to take care of that animal and you owe it to them to do so. I guess we can just agree to disagree on this one.
I certainly don't agree that beating a goose nearly to death with rocks isn't animal abuse.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:11 PM

129 posts, read 208,571 times
The psychology behind abusing animals tell us that those offenders also have a higher rate of abusing other humans. That should cause you to be troubled, regardless of your thoughts on whether the life of a goose is as important as the life of a house pet. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/13/ma...anted=all&_r=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte