Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 04:10 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMom View Post
Now you know that wasn't meant for you, a1m!! Looking forward to your arrival.
What I wanted to quote was that song by Pink, I'm coming out so you better get this party started!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2006, 04:31 PM

77 posts, read 461,276 times
Quote:
Wow, what a nice thing to do! I should drop some hints to my Mom. I've never made a turkey dinner and I'm not starting now.
You are sweet NCMom! The truth is my dh is a bit of a control freak. He has to cook the turkey. I get to do the rest.Everybody helps. It's not to bad.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:48 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysparkle View Post
You are sweet NCMom! The truth is my dh is a bit of a control freak. He has to cook the turkey. I get to do the rest.Everybody helps. It's not to bad.
My husband smokes one outside on the webber and I cook one in the oven.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:34 AM

5 posts, read 15,366 times
Do any one know of any churches or organizations that are giving food baskets or vouchers for Thanksgiving? I unexpectedly lost my job and I have a daughter in college coming home for Thanksgiving and I want to be able to have a Thanksgiving dinner with her. Mom in need

Old 11-10-2006, 10:01 PM

23 posts, read 59,739 times
Well I don't eat meat, but if someone wants to invite us over I'll bring a dish! lol
Actually I was thinking that since we don't have to do the family thing this year we'd try to find a place to volunteer to serve dinner. Anyone know of a soup kitchen that's looking for help?

So I take it the party didn't go as it was supposed to. We're here now (as of Tuesday in our new house) and would go if there was one. We really have no one here except DH's work "friends" Don't get me wrong they're fun people, but if he's spending 50+ hours a week with them don't know how much they're going to want to hang out on weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte