U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:55 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,436,905 times

Advertisements

Bill,

Looks like the more informed have spoken. The bottom line is there are no shoratge of options available to you and Marge.

Remind me what kind of dog you have Big Boy has aksed repeatedly. We're gromming for the responsibility of a dog but we have special needs. We need a house dog, a companion but we want one that will be protective of Big Boy first, household, second. Also, he sould have tracking capapbilities since Big Boy wanders.

Any thoughts? We're spent a lot of time volunteering at the UC animal shelter and just generaly contemplating the different breeds tha come through. I'm wondering if maybe we should start off as forstering first/

Sara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 01:06 PM

182 posts, read 748,063 times
Default LKN Hospital

I had the unfortunate experience of having to use Lake Norman Medical in an emergency situation a year ago August.
unfortunate only to the fact that I had to be there at all, but I would put my care as top notch.
I was visiting at the time trying to check out the area, and didn't even have my insurance card on me (foolish on my part) There was never any pressure and I was tended to immediately.
I needed to make a decision I was not prepared to make and the hospital and the staff was kind and compassionate and I never felt that any thing but my health was there first priority.
Once I was back home in CA, I relayed all my insurance info, both primary and secondary, and the billing went off without a hitch, which is more than I can say for any experience I had had in Ca.
I really think there are superior choices in regards to our health care here in Charlotte and we should consider ourselves fortunate.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:00 PM

179 posts, read 530,366 times
Default Hi Sara !!

Sara,
We have an Alaskan Malamute, they look like a big Husky, but never have the blue eyes that huskies often have. The boys would love her. She's a great house dog, and loves to play outside especially this time of year. While she is protective of Marge, I wouldn't say that's one of their stronger suits. I can tell you though, many people are intimidated by her as she (as do most Malamutes) look very much like a wolf, so they keep their distance. They are however very loving and friendly. We had another Malamute before her, and a German Shepard before that. The Shepard if bread correctly and trained would be all the things you want. Now that's just from my experience, and I'm sure you'll get other recommendations. All our dogs were very loyal, loving and alot of fun. One last thing, the Malamutes very EXTREMELY easy to house break, but again the Shepard would be a better bet for protection. If you have the chance to foster, maybe you could try a couple of different breeds. That may be hard though, because you will probably have a very hard time letting go after you've had one for any length of time. Did I ever send you a picture of Lacey ? Now that I think about it, I think I did and you said Chris liked her. If not, let me know and I'll EMAIL you one if you want.

Bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or