U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 08:24 PM
PXH PXH started this thread

15 posts, read 44,691 times

Advertisements

Comedy Central fake pundit, Stephen Colbert was running as a favorite child of South Carolina a while ago. Did that reach North Carolina? How it is around Charlotte since there are a couple of universities over there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 08:27 PM

714 posts, read 2,026,869 times
It took something like six months but I finally found Stephen Colbert's "Americone Dream" ice cream by Ben & Jerry's in a Harris Teeter in Ballantyne.

Short of that, disappointingly the city seems unaware of such a great "favorite child" one state south. :-(

Old 12-13-2007, 06:43 AM

674 posts, read 604,468 times
Quote:
Short of that, disappointingly the city seems unaware of such a great "favorite child" one state south. :-(
We are AWARE, but don't care. Um, we are a seperate state. You won't see us jumping up and down about celebrities from Virginia either. HELLO

Old 12-13-2007, 07:16 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,766,366 times
Stephen's parents were actually killed in a plane crash near Carwinds amusement park in the 70s. It was a small plane and the park had recently been constructed. A 340 foot tower at the park may have been mistaken for the airport.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:17 AM

674 posts, read 604,468 times
Um, ok. We still did not care about his fake presidential run.

From another state people, another state

Old 12-13-2007, 07:21 AM

2,447 posts, read 6,643,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
It took something like six months but I finally found Stephen Colbert's "Americone Dream" ice cream by Ben & Jerry's in a Harris Teeter in Ballantyne.
I saw it at Wal-mart right after it was released. I think they still have it. I think ncisgreat is right. I find Colbert entertaining but I don't understand getting excited about a fake campaign.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:39 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,023,037 times
Default we didn't care

Not our native son. Just an entertainment blip on the national radar.

Ditto NCisGreat.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:53 AM

550 posts, read 1,617,016 times
Creative Loafing had a brief cover story about him....and the fact he wouldn't give interviews. Was basically just a goof story on him.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:07 AM

1,852 posts, read 4,666,916 times
I knew about it, well I also watch his show every once in a while. It did reach up here, as Dakota said Creative Loafing did an article on him. I don't think everyone is so bitter and secluded to believe that we don't care what happens to SC or VA. Even if it was just celeb news. I am not sure what would have happened if he would have been able to be on the ballot, might have made it difficult for some democrats, just from the questions he asks. We also learned a bit about the process of filing for primaries, how he ran as a Democrat becuase its a lot cheaper to file as one, which I found interesting.

Also on the American Dream Ben and Jerry's, great stuff. I was looking for it as soon as Ben and Jerry annnounced it on his show. Lowe's started carrying it a couple months later and I think I was the first to buy it, because it wasn't even in the register yet. Since then I see it moving quickly. Carmel, Waffle, Cone, Vanillla.. mmm.. Does remind me of the Coney Island flavor they use to have.. I think thats what it was called.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or