U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 08:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,265 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Huntersville and am looking for a good, relatively cheap, no-frills gym. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 07:12 AM

25 posts, read 17,403 times
There is a gold's gym off exit 28 in cornelius, and they are adding a new location at exit 18 near wt harris. I think they run about $38 a month.

There is a planet fitness or anytime fitness off exit 23 on gilead rd. I've never gotten any information about this one but I know these prices are usually relatively low.

There is a small very no frills privately owned gym called Elite Fitness between exits 23 and 25 on old statesville rd. I've looked into joining this gym before and really like the look of it. You can tell people actually go there to work out and not play around but it was a little steep, I think around $50 a month.

There is the Huntersville Family Fitness and Aquatics between exit 18 and exit 23 off statesville rd. They seem pretty fancy offering indoor and outdoor swimming and aquatics as well as basketball courts and things such as that. They were pretty pricey because of all the extra amenities and the gym was small and seemed crowded, nothing very impressive about it.

There is also fitness connection on exit 18 and exit 28. This is a gym I currently go to, they have low monthly options but a large start up fee and a high yearly facility fee. The location in cornelius would probably be the way to go if you actually want to work out. I would not reccommend the Northlake location, because it is so cheap it is ALWAYS packed and almost impossible to get a decent work out in unless you go on off hours. There have been too many times to count that I have walked in and walked right back out because there are so many people I know I will not be able to do anything. I will be switching to gold's once they open up in September!

Hope this little bit of info helps!

Old 06-09-2014, 08:59 PM

1,343 posts, read 2,920,215 times
My wife goes to Gold's at exit 28. I don't do gyms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or