Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2014, 03:36 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,652,865 times

Advertisements

Hi. We moved to the Concord (just on the Mecklenburg line) area just after Independence Day last year. Can anyone recommend a particular July 4th weekend event in the area? Maybe fireworks and food? Thanks! By the way...despite my job not working out after I relocated here from LI, NY (I've been lucky enough to find something else temporary), I have loved the area this first year and look forward to many more years in my chosen community. Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 12:53 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
Hi. We moved to the Concord (just on the Mecklenburg line) area just after Independence Day last year. Can anyone recommend a particular July 4th weekend event in the area? Maybe fireworks and food? Thanks! By the way...despite my job not working out after I relocated here from LI, NY (I've been lucky enough to find something else temporary), I have loved the area this first year and look forward to many more years in my chosen community. Thanks everyone.
Kings Mountain has the largest fireworks display between Charlotte & Asheville. They also have Revolutionary War re-enactors.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:18 PM

343 posts, read 600,990 times
Charlotte Knights will have the sky show this year from uptown. In years past, it has been the best show around. I'm sure tickets are sold out, but you could have dinner in uptown and find a great place to watch the show!

Old 06-16-2014, 04:16 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,652,865 times
Great! Thanks for the suggestions - I'll check on when they're scheduled to occur.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:15 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,730 times
I also live in Concord right on the Meck line. You should be able to see the fireworks at the speedway from where you are. There's also Harrisburg Park. I believe Village park in Kannapolis will have something and Birkdale Village too.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:22 AM

314 posts, read 675,985 times
The US National Whitewater center does them the 3rd & 4th of July
U.S. National Whitewater Center | The U.S. National Whitewater Center is the world

Old 06-25-2014, 07:01 AM

154 posts, read 389,504 times
Hi all,

We're from the Raleigh area but will be in the Concord/speedway area on July 4th. I notice there are fireworks shows at the Knights game in Charlotte, at a park in Harrisburg, maybe other places. Someone mentioned the speedway, but it doesn't look like they are doing fireworks this year.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go watch fireworks that wouldn't be too difficult to get to? Meaning less parking hassle, less need to be outside all day.

We'd be happy with a shopping center or other parking lot where we can bring lawn chairs & some takeout that has a view of fireworks.

Thanks for any tips. If you have a secret spot and don't want to put it here for everyone you can DM me. : )

Thanks,
flamtap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte