Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 06:18 AM

5 posts, read 7,803 times

Advertisements

This is definitely a long shot...but does anyone have any information on Rose Hill subdivision in Weddington. Is there anyone on here that lives there, or perhaps knows someone that lives there. I'm just trying to get an idea of the type of community it is(young families with young children, empty nesters etc), if neighbors socialize with one another, and if people are generally happy there. Any information that you might have would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 01:49 PM

149 posts, read 536,079 times
We seriously looked at a resale in Rose Hill about 2 years ago. We were unaware of it at the time we were looking, but have since heard about serious water pressure issues in the neighborhood. If you look for Weddington Town Council meeting minutes, you will find notes from many residents explaining how severe the problem has been there and asking for relief. ( irrigation systems useless, unable to shower at times).

The new water tower is being built to alleviate the issue, but Im not clear about the timing.
Like I said, we ultimately bought in a different neighborhood, but in all of our research on Rose hill, we never learned of the water pressure issue, so just take this as a head's up that you may want to research more.

Good luck in your home search!

Old 06-03-2013, 01:59 PM

99 posts, read 179,000 times
its your lucky day. I live there. I have lived there since 2007. Its about 50-50 older and families with younger kids. Very social neighborhood and folks are gregariuous for the most part. its not stepford so if you want privacy no one is going to bother you. Public school is very close and most but not all the neighborhood kids attend. Many also go to area private schools. Doesn't have amenties, but again a lot of neighbors either have pools are join Weddington Swim and Racquet Club. Wife and I are very happy living in the neighborhood. Union County taxes and school without going all the way down providence rd. I served on the HOA board and I was very vocal about the water pressure issues. It is hit or miss. We overcame the problem with the addition of a pressure booster. The reason folks were more upset was the lack of concern from the county and town over the initial requests to determine why it fluxuated so much. So pressure booster for now, probably remove once water tower is up and running. Not a big deal. PM if you want more details

Old 03-16-2014, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,763 times
Thanks for the information. We are seriously considering Rose Hill and have been in negotiations with John Weiland. One concern we have is that we have twin seven year olds. Every time we drive through the neighborhood, we never see kids playing outside. Should we be concerned or is there a decent amount of kids their age in the neighborhood. Thanks for your input.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:48 AM

985 posts, read 1,901,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton25 View Post
Thanks for the information. We are seriously considering Rose Hill and have been in negotiations with John Weiland. One concern we have is that we have twin seven year olds. Every time we drive through the neighborhood, we never see kids playing outside. Should we be concerned or is there a decent amount of kids their age in the neighborhood. Thanks for your input.
That was what we looked for as one of our number one things when we moved here, kids outside and people out and about in the neighborhood.

You find it in some neighborhoods way more than others, not sure why. We do not live in Rosehill but I wanted to say if that is what you have noticed so far, than maybe you need to check out other neighborhoods.
Some had tons of kids outside, some did not, you have to go with what you really want and if that is important to you even to a degree, than stick to it

Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,392,577 times
Check out the John Weiland neighborhood right down the road, Brookhaven. Kids playing all over the place....and no water pressure issues..

Old 03-18-2014, 09:09 AM

186 posts, read 287,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Check out the John Weiland neighborhood right down the road, Brookhaven. Kids playing all over the place....and no water pressure issues..
This is exactly what I was going to say. A true JW neighborhood and kids all over the place. JW just recently took over construction in Rose Hill, I believe. Brookhaven is a much better bet if you're looking for young families with kids and great amenities in the same school district.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:12 PM

198 posts, read 291,006 times
Not sure.. so wanted to confirm .. is Brookhaven impacted by the new Union county school re-zoning.. I know somebody living there saying Brookhaven will now be going to Sun Valley.. is it true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energee View Post
This is exactly what I was going to say. A true JW neighborhood and kids all over the place. JW just recently took over construction in Rose Hill, I believe. Brookhaven is a much better bet if you're looking for young families with kids and great amenities in the same school district.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:03 PM

186 posts, read 287,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinChanInNC View Post
Not sure.. so wanted to confirm .. is Brookhaven impacted by the new Union county school re-zoning.. I know somebody living there saying Brookhaven will now be going to Sun Valley.. is it true?

Nope. Still going to Antioch, Weddington Middle, and Weddington High.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:58 AM

3 posts, read 5,896 times
Default Thinking of Moving to Rose Hill

Hello there,
I saw your post in response to another inquiry a while back. We are thinking of moving to Rose Hill and have 7-yr old twins. We wanted to learn as much as we can about Antioch but also try to understand if there a risk of us getting redstricted away from Weddington Middle/High Schools. Any insight would be extremely helpful!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nckeith View Post
its your lucky day. I live there. I have lived there since 2007. Its about 50-50 older and families with younger kids. Very social neighborhood and folks are gregariuous for the most part. its not stepford so if you want privacy no one is going to bother you. Public school is very close and most but not all the neighborhood kids attend. Many also go to area private schools. Doesn't have amenties, but again a lot of neighbors either have pools are join Weddington Swim and Racquet Club. Wife and I are very happy living in the neighborhood. Union County taxes and school without going all the way down providence rd. I served on the HOA board and I was very vocal about the water pressure issues. It is hit or miss. We overcame the problem with the addition of a pressure booster. The reason folks were more upset was the lack of concern from the county and town over the initial requests to determine why it fluxuated so much. So pressure booster for now, probably remove once water tower is up and running. Not a big deal. PM if you want more details
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte