U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 07:11 PM

6,032 posts, read 7,527,167 times

Advertisements

^ Clover is a really bad choice fyi....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 08:33 PM
IEB

16 posts, read 17,140 times
Yes it was , hoping to sell and go to Fort Mill.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:31 AM

3,774 posts, read 6,988,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEB View Post
Yes it was , hoping to sell and go to Fort Mill.
Not to beleaguer the point... But Fort Mill? Do you know people there?

Don't make the same mistake twice!

Old 10-11-2014, 05:19 AM
IEB

Well, a few of the people I have met from my husband's office live there, and we have been hanging out a bit with them. The area def has more to offer and better access to Charlotte as well for things to do. We can't just say at this point it is not for us and either go back to the NYC office, or the Jersey office. He signed a 2yr commitment for the new role and location, and truthfully it will be more like 3 to transition back. With that in mind, I have to find a more normal place to live, with good schools, and full time nurses for the schools. We are def not staying in the Charlotte area long term, just can't come and immediately turn back around. That would be career suicide.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:36 AM

My point is, if you keep moving to be "closer to Charlotte" why not just move to Charlotte.

Maybe you'll like it. It is certainly more interesting than Clover or Fort Mill.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:04 AM

97 posts, read 132,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
That's not unusual. Often people don't realize how much they miss what's familiar and things they take for granted "back home". I moved to AZ one time thinking I would enjoy living there. I did, but there was so much I missed (like deciduous trees and my Mama) that I moved back after a year.

NC is very different from LI. I can see how you would have mover's remorse.

I think it's important to do a pro and con list on paper. See what it looks like in black and white. Good luck.
Could not agree more. Good luck, OP.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:10 AM

11,718 posts, read 9,340,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
My point is, if you keep moving to be "closer to Charlotte" why not just move to Charlotte.

Maybe you'll like it. It is certainly more interesting than Clover or Fort Mill.
I agree.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:35 AM
IEB

Don't want urban living, and I need good schools with full time nurses. Even thought technically NC says they finally have the nurses this year, I know there are still schools without them. People in other groups are talking about it. Sorry if I hijacked this person's thread, was just trying to relay our story so someone else does not make the same or similar mistakes with relocating to the area, or any area for that matter. What is sometimes great for a career, is not so great personally, and a healthy work/life balance is important.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:59 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,637,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEB View Post
Don't want urban living, and I need good schools with full time nurses. Even thought technically NC says they finally have the nurses this year, I know there are still schools without them. People in other groups are talking about it. Sorry if I hijacked this person's thread, was just trying to relay our story so someone else does not make the same or similar mistakes with relocating to the area, or any area for that matter. What is sometimes great for a career, is not so great personally, and a healthy work/life balance is important.
I live in Union County, moved from Jersey over 7 yrs ago...I understand your dilemma. There are tons of options in Charlotte metro in and outside of Charlotte.

Both parents have to be "all in" to make a move work.

All I can say is give it a 100% chance to work, and if still doesn't feel right, then I wish you the best of luck..

Old 10-11-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I live in Union County, moved from Jersey over 7 yrs ago...I understand your dilemma. There are tons of options in Charlotte metro in and outside of Charlotte.

Both parents have to be "all in" to make a move work.

All I can say is give it a 100% chance to work, and if still doesn't feel right, then I wish you the best of luck..
That's good advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or