U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2007, 06:37 AM

4 posts, read 6,167 times

Advertisements

My family and I, that is my Wife and youngest Son (18) and myself, want to come and work and live in the USA, in particular Charlotte.
My Wifes Sister and her Husband moved over to Charlotte with their children 9 years ago and now live just outside to the SE.
My Wife misses her Sister a lot has since visited approximately once each year, and has been made to feel most welcome not only from her Sister and Family but also by the many various friends that her Sister and Husband have made since arriving there. I have been over a couple of times and have found what I have seen and experienced as beautiful (that is both the place and the people!!). This last time (November 07) it was more difficult than ever to come away.

There is so much to do around Charlotte. It looks such a great place, not only for my Wife and myself but a better place for our Son to develop.
After our last return we both had a chat and decided it was where we would like to spend the remainder of our lives if given the chance, not only because of the place and the people, but also soas my Wife and Her Sister could be together once more.

To live there, the first thing I must get is work there. I am currently registerred with several Charlotte Job Agencies, but feel that there exists a barrier to me getting some work because maybe of my age or the fact that I am not living "in country". I have worked all of my life in this country in my trade, and held a number of positions, from "hands on" through Trainer, Sales, Supervisor, Engineer, and most recently Planning Engineer.

Can anyone help me/us to achieve our goal. in relocation to your neigborhood. If you can help with any local genuine businesses that may be interested in my skills and experience, I would be really pleased to hear from them, or if you yourself are part of such a business I would be really pleased to hear from you.

Looking forward to a reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 06:54 AM

3,354 posts, read 8,661,703 times
Kind of hard I am afraid all the H1B1's are well over subscribed.

They will open them up in April for the October 2008 and they only issue 65,000, they usually get over 200,000 applications.

I had to hire a high priced lawer or I would have never got my H1 back in 1999, if you need more info contact me by direct message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte