U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 10:23 PM

45 posts, read 70,491 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am moving to Charlotte from the Midwest. I am curious....how many months of enjoyable weather does Charlotte get per year. First, I know that this is extremely SUBJECTIVE. So here are the parameters: Anything over 50 degrees and under 85-90 qualifies as enjoyable. How much of the year falls under that category?

Thanks everyone, I'm excited to hear the responses!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 01:39 AM

6 posts, read 7,983 times
Average Weather For Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - WeatherSpark

This is a great tool where you can compare temperature bands, cloud covers, and humidity/dew point data. Really recommend it for city vs city comparisons.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:10 AM

820 posts, read 1,529,491 times
As I watch and listen to the weather reports coming out of the midwest, I would say the weather, overall, is much more pleasant to deal with than what some of my friends in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Iowa, etc., are dealing with these days. Come on down.

You will not find perfect weather unless you want to be a nomad and follow the weather to your liking. bwaugh06 gave you a great suggestion for comparisons.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaugh06 View Post
Average Weather For Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - WeatherSpark

This is a great tool where you can compare temperature bands, cloud covers, and humidity/dew point data. Really recommend it for city vs city comparisons.

Thank you! I really enjoyed reading the different stats and graphs on this. I also founds something I did not expect. If you compare the Humidity Sections of Charlotte and Madison, WI.... it shows the typical humidity ranges and the most humid times to be worse (more humid) in WI than Charlotte. I would not have guessed that! However, Charlotte has a higher Dew Point, so that may help explain it. Interesting, nonetheless!

http://weatherspark.com/averages/309...-United-States

Old 07-02-2014, 07:59 AM

3,099 posts, read 4,125,401 times
One thing that shocked me about my summer in Minnesota is how hot and humid it is often is there. Of course, it is a relatively short season of heat and humidity, but when it is hot there, it is really hot.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:24 AM

3 posts, read 6,456 times
[url=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/01/4280475/10-things-you-should-know-about.html#.U7Q_5vldWSo]10 things you should know about Carolina weather | CharlotteObserver.com[/url]

I moved here from Indianapolis - yes it gets hot & humid here in the Summer - but it did in Indy too! The milder winter here more than makes up for it!

Old 07-02-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise norton View Post
10 things you should know about Carolina weather | CharlotteObserver.com

I moved here from Indianapolis - yes it gets hot & humid here in the Summer - but it did in Indy too! The milder winter here more than makes up for it!

Hi @louise! I live in Madison now, but recently moved from Indy (where I lived for 5 years). Some NC residents SWEAR that I have no idea how hot the summer is there, how it is unlike anything I've experienced. I think summers are longer...but they should see Indy in late July. I think it's just as hot. The difference is that the summer is the time of year you look forward to in Indy, but people in NC say summer is something you just put up with. So our reward is their punishment. It speaks to how wonderful the NC climate is!! I can't wait.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:04 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,218,274 times
8 to 9 months

Old 07-05-2014, 07:57 AM

3,099 posts, read 4,125,401 times
Many areas were in the 50s this morning. Nice July weather.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:11 AM

85 posts, read 109,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco14 View Post
Hello,

I am moving to Charlotte from the Midwest. I am curious....how many months of enjoyable weather does Charlotte get per year. First, I know that this is extremely SUBJECTIVE. So here are the parameters: Anything over 50 degrees and under 85-90 qualifies as enjoyable. How much of the year falls under that category?

Thanks everyone, I'm excited to hear the responses!!

Moved down from the KC area last year. Figure 2 months of winter where you need a jacket but even that's hit or miss. We hit 9F here last year but it with 65F a couples days later. If you're used to the humidity and heat in the midwest the summers here aren't so bad (so far anyways!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or