Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:26 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,362,365 times

Advertisements

http://mecklenburg.digitalhealthdepa...yID=314760&v=3

1. Do not use/offer for sale any adulterated/ spoiled/contaminated food items. Observed mice droppings in taco, tostada and tortilla bowl pans loosely covered with tin foil. CDI (corrected during inspection) All items discarded.

We used to occasionally go to this place but it was under a different name. Thy had a few bad grades so we stopped going. I think they just changed the name of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 08:47 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,746,358 times
Wow Groove

That is insane, I just read the report.

Black and Decker drill for mixing, are you kidding me!! These people are clearly clueless and could care less. I mean the inspector observed one of the workers handle raw shrimp and then wipe their hands on a towel to "clean" them.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:54 AM

I didn't even see the part about the drill. That's just crazy.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:57 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,844,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
http://mecklenburg.digitalhealthdepa...yID=314760&v=3

1. Do not use/offer for sale any adulterated/ spoiled/contaminated food items. Observed mice droppings in taco, tostada and tortilla bowl pans loosely covered with tin foil. CDI (corrected during inspection) All items discarded.

We used to occasionally go to this place but it was under a different name. Thy had a few bad grades so we stopped going. I think they just changed the name of it.
Seems the the Dept. of Health in Meck. does an great job with sanitation issues. Everywhere I have ever eaten in Charlotte has had sanitation grades posted in view of the customer.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:03 AM

63 posts, read 180,198 times
Thank you for the link. I checked out a few places that we have eaten at several times, and a few places we had considered. Without naming names, I am glad one place was never patronized by us!

Old 12-18-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Seems the the Dept. of Health in Meck. does an great job with sanitation issues. Everywhere I have ever eaten in Charlotte has had sanitation grades posted in view of the customer.
Yes, that is one thing I like about NC and SC is that in NC the grades are posted, and in many counties accessible online. In SC the letter grade is posted and you can look at the last two scores online (but not the report).

http://www.scdhec.net/health/envhlth...ion/scores.htm

I recently took a culinary course and had to do a report on the guidelines for opening and operating a restaurant in Charlotte. I learned some pretty interesting things.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,270,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Yes, that is one thing I like about NC and SC is that in NC the grades are posted, and in many counties accessible online. In SC the letter grade is posted and you can look at the last two scores online (but not the report).

http://www.scdhec.net/health/envhlth...ion/scores.htm

I recently took a culinary course and had to do a report on the guidelines for opening and operating a restaurant in Charlotte. I learned some pretty interesting things.

I wish I had this sc site the last trip I made to Myrtle Beach.
I like to check local restaurants and my partner likes to eat at chains and they won after last horrible experience.

I learn one rule if it a seafood restaurant. If restaurant smells fishy turn around. If seafood is severed on a buffet turn around.

I been using the NC one for pizza places. They are notorious for being below 95 grade. One place that you may not check is PIzza Delivery. I have in past avoided calling those restaurants that are below 95. I remember one time I went to pickup my pizza and I look back in the kitchen and it was just covered with flour and food.

The old adage about how clean a restauarnt restroom is true.
It is a good indicator about how the staff cares about the restaurant.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:17 AM

Oh yes, the restroom. That's mostly accurate, but not always. Ishi's, an excellent casual Japanese and sushi restaurant near UNCC, has recived good sanitation scores with the last one being 96. Not only that, you can see the kitchen. However, the men's room is in pretty rough shape.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:34 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,648,168 times
To be honest, I've never encountered "sanitation" grades before I moved to NC.

I will say, MOST times I feel better if a restaurant has a higher score. But I guess I still subscribe to the fact that all the "greasy spoons" I love must not have a high score...

Old 12-18-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
To be honest, I've never encountered "sanitation" grades before I moved to NC.

I will say, MOST times I feel better if a restaurant has a higher score. But I guess I still subscribe to the fact that all the "greasy spoons" I love must not have a high score...
Not necessarily. You would think the Penguin for example would have bad sanitation scores upon entering. They haven't received lower than a 95 on their last 4 inspections:

http://mecklenburg.digitalhealthdepa...yID=316167&v=3

And that is w/o the extra 2 pts for servsafe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte