Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 07:49 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,120 times

Advertisements

Just wanted people to know that you can get coupons off Carlos cafe on their web site.

The menus on there as well.

Carlos Café - Authentic Cuban Cuisine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 12:28 PM

359 posts, read 1,143,732 times
Found out this weekend that there is a cuban place called "Carolina Grill" in the Galleria shopping center.. right next to the Payless. I know the name makes no sense, Never would have thought they have cuban food. They bought the place and kept the name I think.. Have not eaten there yet, but will so this weekend..Did have the cafe con leche..which I have searced for everywhere. It was delicious. DH had a fudge sundea which was too die for, Homemade fudge...yumm..did see costumers order the cuban sandwich and it looked really good..will report back after eating there.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:58 PM

10 posts, read 116,514 times
Default terrible service

So someone deleted my comments - sorry didn't know what I could and couldn't post - let me just say the service was awful - the food was pretty bad - the pork was good but the rice was cold, the plantains and tostones were cold and the tostones were soft not firm, as they should be. The arroz amarillo was weird and surely not authentic. The cuban bread was actually egg bread/sweet bread and not authentic cuban bread. We had a tough time getting refills and the waiter didn't get our order correct and didn't seem to hear what we were saying and was too busy chatting with other patrons he knew rather than worrying about the service to our table. We went for my husband's birthday, which was ruined. I would never go there again!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:02 PM

[quote=mommie1025;7632274]So someone deleted my comments - sorry didn't know what I could and couldn't post - let me just say the service was awful - the food was pretty bad - the pork was good but the rice was cold, the plantains and tostones were cold and the tostones were soft not firm, as they should be. The arroz amarillo was weird and surely not authentic. The cuban bread was actually egg bread/sweet bread and not authentic cuban bread. We had a tough time getting refills and the waiter didn't get our order correct and didn't seem to hear what we were saying and was too busy chatting with other patrons he knew rather than worrying about the service to our table. We went for my husband's birthday, which was ruined. I would never go there again![/quote

Care to share where this was at?

Old 02-25-2009, 08:05 PM

Default Sorry - restaurant was A Piece of Havana

Sorry - my post was deleted - I copied and pasted the letter without names that I sent to this restaurant - it was A Piece of Havana on S. Tryon. I had the worst experience I ever had in my 34 years in this place Monday night...

Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommie1025 View Post
Sorry - my post was deleted - I copied and pasted the letter without names that I sent to this restaurant - it was A Piece of Havana on S. Tryon. I had the worst experience I ever had in my 34 years in this place Monday night...

Sorry you had a similair experience to me then.

I will not be back there, which is why I now shout out about Carlos Cafe, I posted a link to the website earlier, so you can see the menu and get a coupon.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:18 PM

Default thanks

Hey Flying Scotsman - I used your link earlier and printed the coupon! Thanks! I will keep up looking for a great restaurant and post it on here. I read that the Carolina Grill was good for Cuban food but online on menuisms.com it shows a totally different menu of only american food - maybe under new ownership. We will also be checking out Havana Carolina - which is in downtown Concord - don't know if it is still open - but they are supposed to have Cuban sandwiches - I will keep you guys updated!

Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommie1025 View Post
Hey Flying Scotsman - I used your link earlier and printed the coupon! Thanks! I will keep up looking for a great restaurant and post it on here. I read that the Carolina Grill was good for Cuban food but online on menuisms.com it shows a totally different menu of only american food - maybe under new ownership. We will also be checking out Havana Carolina - which is in downtown Concord - don't know if it is still open - but they are supposed to have Cuban sandwiches - I will keep you guys updated!
Carolina Grill is indeed under new ownership. the menu on menuism is not the correct one... I'll get my hand on a take out menu and scan and post it here if this is allowed..moderator please let me know...

Old 02-26-2009, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,758 times
One just opened in Southwest Charlotte and is doing very Well. I would put one in Rivergate Shopping Center. Rivergate is doing very well and your business would do well there.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:24 PM

Default sw charlotte...?

Erik's mom...Hey where is the restaurant that just opened in Southwest Charlotte???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte