U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 09:46 PM

8 posts, read 8,143 times

Advertisements

if this is true, yay!!!!! I love train whistles as i sleep, reminds me of summers at my cabin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 07:00 AM

11,723 posts, read 9,354,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacmd70 View Post
How much time can someone spend in cafes, lounges, or shopping?
My wife and I are both retired with decent savings but they would not last very long if we only spent our time doing the above.
It's not about one person spending all their time and money at these places.

Only thing that makes me scratch my head is a "smooth jazz lounge".. that isn't realistic.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:41 AM

2,820 posts, read 4,919,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I just wish people who moved would actually MOVE on and let go of the bitterness. Anyone who spends time bashing a city they left CLEARLY has other issues.
Not bashing, but just merely stating my opinion which you happen to disagree with, which is fine. Im not going to attack you because we have a difference of opinion. This is a forum, and I do believe we can state our opinions, whether you agree or disagree.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Not bashing, but just merely stating my opinion which you happen to disagree with, which is fine. Im not going to attack you because we have a difference of opinion. This is a forum, and I do believe we can state our opinions, whether you agree or disagree.
I agree, and I never called you out by name.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:48 AM

180 posts, read 261,981 times
This thread was started by someone who said that they loved Charlotte so much - they couldn't think of any negative things to say --- but honestly, starting at thread called "Worst Part About Living in Charlotte" is pretty anti-Charlotte if you ask me........ inviting negative comments about a city you love? I love where I live and I would never want to start a conversation inviting people to basically "bash it".

Old 08-18-2014, 11:46 AM

2,820 posts, read 4,919,480 times
Not really rich- to each their own

Old 08-18-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Not really rich- to each their own
To each their own? Really... do you promise?

Old 08-18-2014, 08:33 PM

489 posts, read 727,713 times
Drivers coming to stops on crosswalks, blocking pedestrians. Also, drivers not yielding to pedestrians at designated pedestrian crosswalks. This is literally at every single stop light or crosswalk in the city, and every single red light, or anytime a person needs to cross a street. Every. Single. Time.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:44 AM

3,455 posts, read 3,138,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard rawson View Post
If I may interject:

This board is for "data" as it is called "city data." Opinions can provide date but are meaningless if the subscribber has nothing of substance to contribute in support of the opinion. Blind, negative, biased comments are of no actual benefit to a person thinking of relocating to this area. It really makes one look ignorant to continue complaining and suffering an intolerable existence in a city they hate when there is always the option to relocate unless the person is an inmate or an invalid.

Yes, opinions are fine, but they should be aimed at helping someone that needs actual information, not just personalized silly city bashing by troller types.
It's a mental obsession of some sort that probably has a clinical definition. When a person agrees with every negative comment/thread about a city the overall objective becomes rather obvious and credibility goes out the window. As if they're going to dissuade intelligent adults from making a rational decision and in some weird world their likes/dislikes should have some universal application. They seem to think they're going to "save" people from relocating to a wasteland called Charlotte.

People want/need data and information instead of a continuous slew of exaggerated and slanted opinions. Objective criticism is fine and often welcomed, one of the reasons cities like Charlotte continue to thrive and advance. It's human nature (for some folk) to magnify the lacks instead of the positives. Charlotte definitely has more positives than lacks which is in direct opposition to their position. And when someone/data/information counters that opinion it becomes an unmanageable thought process because the "truth" or "fact" can only exist as they see or perceive it.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:05 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,473,248 times
This thread has been bubbling a while and I don't think Charlotte has a clear "worst". But as someone that lived in the city for 12 years, who recently moved to Gaston county, I can say that you can get your fill of things.

For me - it was the far left city council, panhandlers, crowded roads, longer lines in stores, higher property taxes. Plus loud people (sometimes yelling on the phone) discussing their personal lives in public places. And more cars with booming bass inflicting the driver's selection of music on you. OK I have noise to face in Gaston county now as well, although it's the roosters next door waking me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or