U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 06:49 AM

385 posts, read 1,448,301 times

Advertisements

Hi veryone!

I'm searching for a really nice apartment complex in the Charlotte area.

No children, so schools are not a consideration - no pets either.
Price dosen't matter, location is most important.

Will be working Uptown on Tyrone Street, and a nice commute would be extra nice (especially close to the bus or light rail transit).

Any help will be so much appreciated.
Merry Christmas to all!!

Maddie Claire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 08:06 AM

1,852 posts, read 4,677,168 times
I don't really know Tyrone Street, maybe Tryon St? If it is Tryon, you really have your choice of areas, the key is what do you want to be close to. If its only the light rail, then, you will be limited (and I am not sure I want to be that close to it yet). Some people will say live uptown, and if you want city life and spend the money, then do that. But other areas offer different things,

Old 12-19-2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
I don't really know Tyrone Street, maybe Tryon St? If it is Tryon, you really have your choice of areas, the key is what do you want to be close to. If its only the light rail, then, you will be limited (and I am not sure I want to be that close to it yet). Some people will say live uptown, and if you want city life and spend the money, then do that. But other areas offer different things,
Thank you for your reply.
I think I misspelled Tyron street
Anyway, Tyron Street Uptown is the work location.

I honestly think I'll be happier in one of the suburb communities as opposed to living Uptown (I like planting flowers) ... I've been checking Huntersville, Ballantine, Matthews, etc..

It would be nice living close to shopping (walking distance or a short drive), but the apartment and apartment community is the most important.
I'm not sure where to find the new apartments - I'm just overwhelmed right now.

Thank again for your help.

Merry Christmas!

Maddie Claire

Old 12-19-2007, 11:36 AM

1,852 posts, read 4,677,168 times
If you like flowers, well planting in a APT is usually frowned upon. But I get your point. I like HUntersville, you are close to lakes and there is a nice area called Berkdale, that actually has apts above a retail community. I am looking at that, when my lease is up next year, if I don't buy. 30 to 45 minute commute uptown, normally. WT Harris and Mallard Creek between 77 and 85 has lots of complexes, close to retail and about 20 minutes to uptown. I am not very familiar with the south side, but Ballyntine has nice places as well. You could go Mathews, Pineville, etc, but you are getting to a longer commute uptown. Do you want gated, garages, lofts, amenities, etc. New or Old? Check out Apartmentguide.com If you find a place, search the forums to see if there is info or feel free to ask.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,642,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieClaire View Post
Thank you for your reply.
I think I misspelled Tyron street
Anyway, Tyron Street Uptown is the work location.

Maddie Claire

You are still misspelling it is TRYON STREET
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Old 12-19-2007, 11:51 AM

6 posts, read 17,697 times
You might want to look at Camden, they have a bunch of properties throughout Charlotte. If you are working uptown and want a nice commute then you may want to stay closer to the city than Matthews or Ballanytne. Perhaps, Dilworth, Plaza-Midwood, Meyers Park.

If price doesn't matter there are some condos in those areas you may want to think about buying instead of renting - just a thought.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:13 PM

2,447 posts, read 6,659,294 times
There are many apartments in the Steele Creek area. Zipcode 28273. There are some you want to avoid but most are nice. There are two brand new communities being built. One is at Ayrsley and looks like it will be nice.

Tryon St runs though Steele Creek and then turns into York Rd. as it approaches S.C. I don't know what the commute is during rush hour but at non-peak times it's about 10 -20 minutes from uptown.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:18 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,797,361 times
Rush hour along Tryon from Steele Creek is miserable. Yes, they added another lane, but they filled up quickly. If price isn't an issue, try the apartments at 5th and Poplar uptown or the big pink building called the Arlington just outside of uptown and near the light rail tracks. There is another apartment building near there by Camden I blieve and it is REALLY nice.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
You are still misspelling it is TRYON STREET
LOL! No wonder my searches aren't doing so well.
Thank you!!!!

Merry Christmas!
Maddie Claire

Old 12-19-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhileasFogg View Post
You might want to look at Camden, they have a bunch of properties throughout Charlotte. If you are working uptown and want a nice commute then you may want to stay closer to the city than Matthews or Ballanytne. Perhaps, Dilworth, Plaza-Midwood, Meyers Park.

If price doesn't matter there are some condos in those areas you may want to think about buying instead of renting - just a thought.
Once we get acclimated to the area we'll buy a house, but in the meantime I want to get a nice apartment close to shops and restaurants, in a nice area.
I've only been to Charlotte once (Uptown) and I'm going into this move completely ignorant of the suburbs.
Thanks again!
Merry Christmas from Maddie Claire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte