U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 05:36 AM

547 posts, read 537,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewith3 View Post
Apparently they may have gotten the NAACP involved
Details?

Old 07-19-2014, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed. It's the difference between reporting, and repeating gossip and hearsay. In comparison it's interesting how that not "impartial reporter" from WJZY has remained silent about the details of what happened in that court room even though he sat in there the entire time. That while his article on WJZY's website has all the complaints that CAPS has made and absolutely no counterpoint from the school system.

They need better standards at WJZY if they want to be taken seriously as a real news station. Otherwise it's just a bunch of millennials running around with video cameras with nothing relevant to say.

-----

In any case, it all comes down to what I said months ago. CAPS has to demonstrate the "harm" caused by the redistricting to the students. They have yet to answer that.
Agreed. You wouldn't know Sentendrey was in the same courtroom as WCCB and the EJ. I've never seen such biased reporting.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:11 AM

43 posts, read 46,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewith3 View Post
Apparently they may have gotten the NAACP involved
I really hope you are kidding - that will bring this to a whole new (unnecessary) level of ugly.
Details?

Old 07-19-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST & TEN View Post
Do you have issues with the NAACP?
Nope---with white people trying to play the race card for their benefit. It's like when CAPS said they were about fixing all schools. Bahaha! Not buying it.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:30 AM

985 posts, read 1,654,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
Details?
I don't have details but the fb (union) site mentions that the NAACP has been called on the redistricting, I would think they would not make that up

who called I am not exactly sure, it seems CAPS may have but I have no proof of that, just reading their posts. It says the complaint was made regarding discrimination in the redistricting

Old 07-19-2014, 07:32 AM

113 posts, read 123,523 times
I am sure people would welcome the NAACP involvement if it was warranted. If they are being used as yet another attempt to halt redistricting based on no facts – it would not be good use of their time/resources or the time/resources of the BOE.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:36 AM

631 posts, read 738,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
Nope---with white people trying to play the race card for their benefit. It's like when CAPS said they were about fixing all schools. Bahaha!
NAACP involvement would have been something needed from the beginning if it were really an issue. Wasn't someone looking at the demographics back in January with all the committees looking at satellite images, Croal reports, Rally reports, etc??? Anyone? Someone? It appears as though it's an afterthought when everything else they threw against the wall has failed.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:37 AM

43 posts, read 46,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST & TEN View Post
Do you have issues with the NAACP?
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone...Of course not - Not in the least! I think the NAACP is important and necessary & does lots of good (nice try spinning though). I simply do not believe this is a case that warrants such involvement. I feel like "they" are grasping at straws, whoever "they" is. Just my opinion. I think trying to make this into something it is not will not help our county or our schools moving forward, & that is all I meant by my comment.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:57 AM

149 posts, read 477,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
NAACP involvement would have been something needed from the beginning if it were really an issue. Wasn't someone looking at the demographics back in January with all the committees looking at satellite images, Croal reports, Rally reports, etc??? Anyone? Someone? It appears as though it's an afterthought when everything else they threw against the wall has failed.

I remember the racial segregation complaint, the insinuation being that the redistricting was targeting minority students, and enlisting support from the NAACP was talked about.

The Caps leader seems to frequently toss out accusations with no backup: NAACP is looking into this, Richard Yercheck is behind development and will financially benefit from the redistricting, the BOE moved 200+ wealthy and influencial people in secret.

Sadly, most of the CAPS crew just seem to take her posts at face value and continue to pass along the baseless rumors as fact.

This will all be over soon I hope.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:54 AM

5,902 posts, read 7,757,567 times
I'm confused now. I thought at one point CAPS was arguing that the redistricting was a social experiment of integration? Now they're arguing it's segregation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte