U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 08:09 AM

527 posts, read 638,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstimetomuskup View Post
Couldnt help yourself Mikey?
I know right...

Old 08-19-2014, 08:13 AM

527 posts, read 638,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. Odd response from one who has since claimed that he is quite pleased with how redistricting turned out. Do you include yourself in this county wide shame?

But this was easy to see by anyone who was paying attention and wasn't deluded by false assumptions. I called it several weeks before they made the decision to redistrict. So you are wrong on that account too.

This link.

02-20-2014, 04:37 AM

The school board's actions have been completely consistent with one that intends to enact the original districting plan presented some weeks ago. They may tweak it somewhat, but I don't see where they have any other choice at this point. It's getting too late in the year for any alternative to work by next fall.
I'm pleased that I was able to keep my family at Cuthbertson... that does not equal being pleased with redistricting. Most people understand the difference but given the analytical aptitude you've displayed throughout this discussion I'm not surprised that you are confused.

By the way, was the prediction you quoted above before or after you boldly stated nothing but Seniors would be grandfathered?... lol

Old 08-19-2014, 10:47 AM

45,374 posts, read 18,002,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
I'm pleased that I was able to keep my family at Cuthbertson... ...

Then you got what you wanted from redistricting. i.e. you are simply complaining to be complaining.

I'm sure that once the vast majority people discovered this isn't the end of Western Civilization, which some, including yourself, were tying to make it out to be, ended up just as pleased as you with the outcome.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:53 PM

22 posts, read 25,753 times
Phils, I think what Mike is saying is that, based on the numbers basically pulled out of Webb's butt, it is wrong to conclude that redistricting has pulled kids out of overcrowded schools and placed them in schools with room. The numbers have been manipulated on both ends. Tell you one thing, the staffs at SV and Parkwood are somewhat concerned about the numbers they will be facing next week. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Next redistricting, that's what EVERYONE should demand upfront, some common numbers that we all understand. Then we can make some intelligent decisions. This was Webb and the two Dons rigging the playing field before the game even started. Not the first time either.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:01 PM

22 posts, read 25,753 times
One enlightening thing from the whole redistricting lawsuit, BOE is not in control of anything. UCPS super and facilities are secretly running the show. Emails made that very clear.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:21 PM

985 posts, read 1,654,231 times
why keep Savage if she walked out? Shouldn't the rep BE THERE to rep even when it seems pointless....at least her vote would have been recorded and heard.

In essence she kind of did what others did in the last election that everyone was mad about and did not show up to vote

I know this is not necessarily a popular opinion but I have to ask, why keep her (not that I am a fan of the opponent either) seems to be its the best of a bad lot

Old 08-19-2014, 03:19 PM

985 posts, read 1,654,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Nasty View Post
Waxhaw, you make a valid point, but here is the thing….They are not required to explain or justify anything. It is well within their power that on a whim, change the lines….the scary part of all of this, there are some people who see absolutely nothing wrong with that….and these people are reproducing out there
Every where we have lived they have not had to explain or justify anything either. Is there a reason you think it is an anomaly here

Old 08-19-2014, 03:25 PM

24 posts, read 24,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewith3 View Post
why keep Savage if she walked out? Shouldn't the rep BE THERE to rep even when it seems pointless....at least her vote would have been recorded and heard.

In essence she kind of did what others did in the last election that everyone was mad about and did not show up to vote

I know this is not necessarily a popular opinion but I have to ask, why keep her (not that I am a fan of the opponent either) seems to be its the best of a bad lot
Regardless of whether she walked out or not the vote was 7-2. Sherry and Marce were the only two who defended the children of Union County. This argument that she walked out is weak. Jason Marton is another Yercheck. He scrubbed all his nasty Facebook posts. Fortunately plenty of copies floating around. But hey, he "was smart enough to build his house across the street from the school". Too bad for the rest of you.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Nasty View Post
Waxhaw, you make a valid point, but here is the thing….They are not required to explain or justify anything. It is well within their power that on a whim, change the lines….the scary part of all of this, there are some people who see absolutely nothing wrong with that….and these people are reproducing out there
They don't have a problem with it until it effects their children. I have been watching this for months. My children were not redistricted, however wrong is wrong. I wonder why a few on here seem to take this argument so personal when they were not impacted. It seems strangely personal for the Kitty. Why is that?

Old 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawnewbie1 View Post
One enlightening thing from the whole redistricting lawsuit, BOE is not in control of anything. UCPS super and facilities are secretly running the show. Emails made that very clear.
Oh, the things people share around the water cooler at the Central Offices. Look slightly down the chain of command. All are just pawns in this game, even the super.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte