U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 04:31 PM

24 posts, read 24,533 times

Advertisements

Speaking of Marton, I heard he was kicked off Marvin Ridge property today for campaigning at the freshman orientation. Here he is running for board of education and he already violated policy 2-25 for solicitation. You can't make this stuff up!

Old 08-19-2014, 05:06 PM

45,937 posts, read 18,182,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Nasty View Post
Absolutely do….I have never seen a BOE that apparently answers to no one! ...
They are always one election away from being removed by the people. They are also funded by the BOCC. So they answer to both the voters and the county commission.

They also answer to the courts when the cause arises as they did in the recent failed attempt to overturn their decision making process. The lawsuit had no merit, but the BOE did indeed answer the court summons.

There is nothing exotic, secret, underhanded, and anything else that isn't described, in plain text, by NC Statute. Every county in North Carolina operates the same way, yet, here in this small corner of UC, some believe there is a secret BOE conspiracy. There isn't.

The people who filed the lawsuit should have taken 30 minutes to read the relevant clauses. It would have saved them a huge amount of trouble & money. I suppose it falls into the same category of not taking 5 minutes to read the UC Schools website about school assignments before purchasing a house.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:40 PM

Again Waldokitty, why is this so personal to you???

Old 08-19-2014, 06:22 PM

18 posts, read 20,059 times
You think 2-25 applies? You're desperate aren't you? My money says Marton won't cut and run like some folks we all know.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:13 PM

985 posts, read 1,657,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Nasty View Post
Absolutely do….I have never seen a BOE that apparently answers to no one! I am not exaggerating. The BOCC said "not our domain, can't do anything"….the State BOE basically said "we have no jurisdiction to overrule them" Hell, in the court case it basically said they are not even required to have any meetings to include the public (i said not required to have any meetings, we all know there were meetings). They apparently do not need any impact studies or official documentation or anything….They are essentially supreme rulers in their domain. I don't know where you are from originally. Where i am from, you had the "local" BOE for the school (town type school system). if there was an issue or an appeal, a person could go the their BOE board, could then appeal it to the County and then to the State. There were checks in place. Not here….Let me ask you this, you don't see a problem with a system that if you were on the BOE, you could wake up one day and say "you know what, lets move the lines", make a motion at the next meeting, and if 4 other people agree, you can do it….you don't see a problem with that?
I do not think they just said let's move the lines one morning but to humor you, it is a problem but quite frankly everywhere we have lived the same things have been done. For the 99th time my mom worked for the superintendent where I grew up and they moved lines there too and her job was literally the push pin person and line person when they asked for neighborhoods, number of kids in each house etc.

I guess it depends in the places you have lived apparently some places have more checks and balances than others.

While I am sure there were/are ways to appeal in other states/areas, it is not "everywhere but here"

Old 08-19-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottRosewater View Post
You think 2-25 applies? You're desperate aren't you? My money says Marton won't cut and run like some folks we all know.
Desperate is showing up to campaign on school grounds at a school your kids don't even attend and being kicked out by the assistant principal. No soliciting is NO SOLICITING! Nothing desperate or pathetic about this guy at all. ~

Old 08-19-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewith3 View Post
I do not think they just said let's move the lines one morning but to humor you, it is a problem but quite frankly everywhere we have lived the same things have been done. For the 99th time my mom worked for the superintendent where I grew up and they moved lines there too and her job was literally the push pin person and line person when they asked for neighborhoods, number of kids in each house etc.

I guess it depends in the places you have lived apparently some places have more checks and balances than others.

While I am sure there were/are ways to appeal in other states/areas, it is not "everywhere but here"
Nope they said "Let's right the wrongs of previous boards". And they did it at the expense of thousands of children while destroying their credibility. Not to mention they launched a very ugly east vs. west campaign and some Marvin residents vs. everyone else to divide the county. Very sad that people elected and hired to represent the well-being of our children stoop to such low levels to justify their actions

Old 08-19-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makingitwork View Post
Desperate is showing up to campaign on school grounds at a school your kids don't even attend and being kicked out by the assistant principal. No soliciting is NO SOLICITING! Nothing desperate or pathetic about this guy at all. ~

SALES CALLS AND DEMONSTRATIONS 2-25

No person, agent, representative or salesperson shall solicit or attempt to sell or explain any article of property or proposition to any teacher or pupil of any public school on the school grounds during the school day without having first secured the written permission and consent of the Superintendent /designee(s).
Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor.

Sales Representatives and Other Visitors
Visitors, including agents, representatives, and sales representatives, having the above written permission, who might call on employees or students at the school, must first obtain permission from the school’s administration.
LEGAL REF.: N.C.G.S. 14-238

So Savage cries to an AP that knows nothing of this policy section entitled "Financial Operations" to attempt to silence her opponent? Sorry, that dog just won't hunt.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:05 PM

Not splitting hairs with you "Elliot". Soliciting votes is just that. I remember you from Facebook. Awwww...oh yes Elliott Rosewater is a recurring character in the novels of American author Kurt Vonnegut.[1] He appears throughout various novels as an alcoholic, and a philanthropist who claims to be a volunteer fireman.

Volunteer fireman???

Old 08-19-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makingitwork View Post
Not splitting hairs with you "Elliot". Soliciting votes is just that. I remember you from Facebook. Awwww...oh yes Elliott Rosewater is a recurring character in the novels of American author Kurt Vonnegut.[1] He appears throughout various novels as an alcoholic, and a philanthropist who claims to be a volunteer fireman.

Volunteer fireman???
Solicting as defined in a chapter entitled "Financial Operations" is extremely clear as to context and your stretch simply is wrong. On the plus side, at least you appear to be somewhat well read when it comes to classic literature. However, that isn't the point of contention here now is it? I don't blame you for running for cover. After all, it's the Savage way.

Last edited by ElliottRosewater; 08-19-2014 at 08:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte