U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 02:56 PM

451 posts, read 608,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makingitwork View Post
It was the content of those emails that showed the mans character or lack their of.
So the content of emails to the BOE reflect one's character?

Old 08-20-2014, 03:10 PM

397 posts, read 518,691 times
Quote:

Anyone reading this debating a move to Union County, this group is not a true representation of our community. It is a great place to live and raise your family. Unfortunately we have some growing pains and an over zealous, self serving Board of Education and school administration.
Yeah...I agree. The (united) site is a much better representation of the community.

What a ridiculous statement. I love it here. I love the people and the rural feel. I love this entire county from the excellent potters in Marvin to the excellent potters in Marshville (sorry...pottery buff). Been up north to Piedmont and crossed into Stanly county. I've been all over and enjoyed every inch. What I don't love is poeple that never venture out of their cocoons except to go into Charlotte and think everything should be the way it is in their insular shells. We all love this county and some feel that there AREN'T conspiracies around every corner and that our educators want what is best for our kids. We have gone to the legacy schools or have kids there and feel that the learning and community are top-notch. In fact, I might overlook an unpainted locker if my kids are happy and their education is what I expect. But that's just me.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,089 times
What about the other candidates and their races? There are other seats up for grabs.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:23 PM

386 posts, read 839,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Most people, in fact an overwhelming number of people, have moved on because they are pleased with how things turned out and even excited about the new school year.
Now there is a huge stretch. Many of the impacted may have moved on but I highly doubt they are pleased with how things turned out.

Last edited by catonc; 08-20-2014 at 04:07 PM..

Old 08-20-2014, 04:19 PM

44,460 posts, read 17,754,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catonc View Post
Now there is a huge stretch. Many of the impacted may have moved on but I highly doubt they are pleased with how things turned out.
One of the long term redistricting detractors, and CAPS supporter for this topic, clearly stated that he was pleased with the results.

The evidence, from that article, and what I see here supports my conclusion.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:21 PM

18 posts, read 20,008 times
Quote:
It was the content of those emails that showed the mans character or lack their of.

I find all of you quite amusing and sad. I stated that he was removed from school property today (fact) and that I don't care for him. In response you have all gone into full attack mode on Mrs. Savage and her husband. Unsubstantiated claims about her behavior without any specifics to back it up. Even her late father and the Governor have been mentioned by several of you. One has to ask why? You have sat here in your little echo chamber hiding behind fake personas bashing anyone who disagrees with the BOE or redistricting. You have spent months mocking families whose children have removed from their schools unfairly. You support a governing body which violates it's own policies and has no regard for the public. I have watched you for months and figured I would poke the hornets nest for fun to see if I could get a response. You guys definitely deliver. Sad thing is, I can tell many of you truly take pleasure in all this, and if you are who many people who have been following these boards believe you to be, that's disturbing.

Anyone reading this debating a move to Union County, this group is not a true representation of our community. It is a great place to live and raise your family. Unfortunately we have some growing pains and an over zealous, self serving Board of Education and school administration.
You are wrong about policy, you are ignorant (or in denial) about the circumstances and the reputation/standing of UCPS is sound locally as a whole, as well as in the state and nation. The real question concerning UCPS policy is did Savage use her position to attempt political intimidation as well as communicating orders to rank and file employees not subject to BOE "supervision". The Superintendent only directly reports and answers to the BOE. Employees function solely under the Superintendent's chain of command. Frankly, we've heard the hype of "the sky is falling and alleged smoking guns" too many times with absolutely no tangible proof. You talk the talk, yet fail to walk the walk with those tired old lines.

UCPS is not the issue at hand, the Vice Chair's unethical behavior is what now is in question.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:39 PM

24 posts, read 24,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottRosewater View Post
You are wrong about policy, you are ignorant (or in denial) about the circumstances and the reputation/standing of UCPS is sound locally as a whole, as well as in the state and nation. The real question concerning UCPS policy is did Savage use her position to attempt political intimidation as well as communicating orders to rank and file employees not subject to BOE "supervision". The Superintendent only directly reports and answers to the BOE. Employees function solely under the Superintendent's chain of command. Frankly, we've heard the hype of "the sky is falling and alleged smoking guns" too many times with absolutely no tangible proof. You talk the talk, yet fail to walk the walk with those tired old lines.

UCPS is not the issue at hand, the Vice Chair's unethical behavior is what now is in question.
Still laughing at you Big Red! You should try meditation or yoga to rid yourself of all that hate. If that fails, try medication.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:58 PM

UCPS Policy Manual

Code of Ethics for School Board Members

1-29
The board recognizes that collectively and individually, all members of the board must adhere to an accepted code of ethics in order to improve education. The board accepts the code of ethics established by the North Carolina School Boards Association. In accordance with this code, each member of the board will commit to the following:

• avoid being placed in a position of conflict of interest, and refrain
from using the board member’s position on the board for personal or
partisan gain

Old 08-20-2014, 08:50 PM

24 posts, read 24,459 times
Are you of all people quoting the BOE code of ethics??? Hell has frozen over.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:51 PM

UCPS Policy Manual

LINE AND STAFF RELATIONS
1-23

A clear understanding of responsibilities and relationships between and among school personnel is essential for a smoothly running and efficient school system.

3. Board and Principal Relations

The school principal has no direct administrative relations with the Board. His relations to the Board are through the Superintendent since the principal is directly responsible to the Superintendent. All matters, which require Board action, should be presented to the Board by the Superintendent or designee.

Given this clear directive on direction and control within official UCPS policy, this situation begs the question of who directed and why an Assistant Principal took erroneous actions against Mr. Marton. Since allegations against Mr. Marton were pseudo policy driven and have clearly been refuted, the same consideration of actual policy is certainly in order.

Last edited by ElliottRosewater; 08-20-2014 at 09:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte