Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 12:47 PM

398 posts, read 618,909 times

Advertisements

i stand corrected

Old 07-31-2014, 01:55 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raithfan View Post
i stand corrected
Come on now... we knows you Parkwood folk are slow on the up take and r not smart.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:11 PM

398 posts, read 618,909 times
But always gracious when corrected

Old 07-31-2014, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
CAPS should immediately file for another injunction.

What happened to those CAPS guys and all that money by way?
From CAPS' own BOE candidate:

"As I have stated previously....I support changing the policy to grandfather families to stay in the same cluster vs. certain age students. If the policy hasnt been done before a new BOE is seated then I would certainly initiate those changes. That may lead to other policies that need to be re-visited just not the ones dealing directly with redistricting."

Are we now talking about handing down school assignments by surname? How does that work?
???

Old 07-31-2014, 03:05 PM

93 posts, read 127,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonTull View Post

"As I have stated previously....I support changing the policy to grandfather families to stay in the same cluster vs. certain age students. If the policy hasnt been done before a new BOE is seated then I would certainly initiate those changes. That may lead to other policies that need to be re-visited just not the ones dealing directly with redistricting."

Are we now talking about handing down school assignments by surname? How does that work?
???
Who has CAPS endorsed?

Old 07-31-2014, 03:23 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raithfan View Post
But always gracious when corrected
You sir are gracious in all aspects!

Old 07-31-2014, 03:33 PM

113 posts, read 150,081 times
Quote:

???
Agreed – my belief is the candidates that build their platforms on items such as this realize it will never fly. They will then blame the existing BOE members for turning it down while looking like the good guy. While this sounds harmless – once again false expectations will be set and we will end up derailing the BOE from accomplishing more urgent/critical matters.

I hope we have an opportunity to see how they think it would really work – this will give us a sense of how serious they are in supporting this – while this sounds good – it really would get complicated from a policy perspective as well as from an execution perspective. My belief is this is more a matter of telling a select group of people what they want to hear. Additionally I have the impression they are looking for this to be applied by the start of the next school year (2015-2016). That would require quite a bit of shuffling once again.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:44 PM

113 posts, read 150,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd1 View Post
DISTRICT 3
Gary Sides ⇐ think the BOCC would like this as well - not sure if he is really a CAPS supporter - or just telling them what they want to hear - but given the multiple posts on (united) and Ask the Candidate - he seems to be easily influenced

way).
As i said earlier.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:52 PM

631 posts, read 892,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST & TEN View Post
Who has CAPS endorsed?
A smart candidate would run far away from that endorsement and organization. If a candidate chooses to use redistricting as a platform, that's fine. But kissing the tail of the lunatic fringe is ill advised. That rallies the base but alienates the middle/independent/commonsense folks.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:01 PM

631 posts, read 892,158 times
Quote:

???
Huge can of worms.......

The way to keep families in the same cluster, is for the family to attend the cluster they were assigned to. I'm sympathetic to the split siblings issue, but it's the families choice to do so. Not the district.

I have a relative out of state that has one kid in private school 40 minutes in one direction, and the other in a private school 40 minutes in the other direction. They then complain about lack of time together. Ya think????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte