Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 01:34 PM

149 posts, read 535,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
That classroom actually looks nicer than those in my kids' "fancy new school".
Also, I think Facebook guys reporting was much more in depth.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:45 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
12+ people to do a mold inspection? No wonder taxes are going up.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:55 PM

549 posts, read 679,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMARIA View Post
I'm just not sure how accurate it is.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:20 AM

22 posts, read 30,110 times
To the two BOE members still posting here, why don't you stop the personal smear campaign and just get on with your lives and your jobs - just as you demand the evil CAPS people do (which they should). We get it already, your brilliant redistricting plan is a done deal, you win, the money in Marvin and Weddington gets whatever it wants and the rest of us just have to suck it up, again. 15% tax increases for everyone. With school starting, isn't it time to worry about the safety and education of (all of) the students again? Many of us have had enough of the fighting. It's become embarrassing. Go visit a school. Do something productive.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMARIA View Post
And completely contradictory to what the officials had to say on the matter. LOL

Moisture and mold inspection at Union Co. school - myfoxcarolinas.com

Mold man needs to give Western Union a rest.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawnewbie1 View Post
To the two BOE members still posting here, why don't you stop the personal smear campaign and just get on with your lives and your jobs - just as you demand the evil CAPS people do (which they should). We get it already, your brilliant redistricting plan is a done deal, you win, the money in Marvin and Weddington gets whatever it wants and the rest of us just have to suck it up, again. 15% tax increases for everyone. With school starting, isn't it time to worry about the safety and education of (all of) the students again? Many of us have had enough of the fighting. It's become embarrassing. Go visit a school. Do something productive.
You talking to me?

Old 08-12-2014, 08:41 AM

22 posts, read 30,110 times
You bet. Time to let the grudge against Hillegas, Angry Dad, Waxhaw, Wesley Chapel, and the rest go. Move on. You have your redistricting, now time to be a decent guy about it.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Speaking of bringing industry to UC, whatever happened with that "Project Legacy" thing? Dead I assume?

Don't know. Union County has abolished the Partnership for Progress Board and created a Monroe-Union County Economic Development Board. http://www.marshville.org/vertical/s...D97D2EA%7D.PDF

Old 08-12-2014, 01:30 PM

149 posts, read 535,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHelms View Post
And completely contradictory to what the officials had to say on the matter. LOL

Moisture and mold inspection at Union Co. school - myfoxcarolinas.com

Mold man needs to give Western Union a rest.
That is great news!!!

(I'm sitting here wondering how someone knows the real life identity of 2 of our posters.. Someone must have superpowers!)

Old 08-12-2014, 01:44 PM

180 posts, read 344,812 times
These posts about Union County are a little scary to an outsider thinking of moving there - but I know all communities have some issues to deal with.........

Is Union County still a good place to relocate to? Are the schools over-crowded, is the infrastructure able to keep up with the population/building boom (not just schools, but roads/highways, services, etc)? Are the taxes spiraling upwards?

I'd hate to move there only to find problems, like traffic jams on the local roads everyday -- especially during the morning/evening commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte