Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 11:21 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times

Advertisements

Anybody been to this place yet? I heard it is finally open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 01:46 PM

Thanks, I still want to go for the Pho itself but based on your comments will wait a couple weeks at least. I don't know of anywhere uptown to get it!

I usually go to Pie in the Sky or Clover Joe's, I didn't care for the Metropolitan.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:52 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,979,219 times
It has been hard for me to work up the motivation to step foot, into the same restaurant space that was occupied by that very lousy Chinese place for so long. I had a sense the "bad restaurant vibe" might be catching...

Old 07-22-2014, 02:08 PM

6 posts, read 10,611 times
I was walking through Latta the other day and noticed a lady sitting at a small bistro table outside. IN front of her was the largest plastic to-go container of soup I had ever seen! I stopped and asked here where she got it and she pointed at the Restaurant next to her and replied that it was "Pho". I asked he if it was an extra large family portion and she said it was a small and was $6.95! Wow. I gotta go there

Old 07-22-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoknee View Post
I was walking through Latta the other day and noticed a lady sitting at a small bistro table outside. IN front of her was the largest plastic to-go container of soup I had ever seen! I stopped and asked here where she got it and she pointed at the Restaurant next to her and replied that it was "Pho". I asked he if it was an extra large family portion and she said it was a small and was $6.95! Wow. I gotta go there
Now hold on, this smells a little fishy to me. Your user name is PHOknee and you couldn't identify a container of Pho that was outside a place clearly marked Pho Plus which you obviously did a Google search on to find this thread?

Something's rotten in Denmark.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:51 AM

6 posts, read 10,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Now hold on, this smells a little fishy to me. Your user name is PHOknee and you couldn't identify a container of Pho that was outside a place clearly marked Pho Plus which you obviously did a Google search on to find this thread?

Something's rotten in Denmark.
Nothing out of the oridinary I assure you. I just happen to be reading the forum topics and saw this one and remembered my encounter last week. Figured it was as good a time as any to obtain a username (Phoknee just popped into my head).

I have never been to the restaurant so therefore cannot even recommend it. IN fact I have never had Pho. I just know that it is extremely trendy right now. They offered a version with rare beef that sounded good.

BTW....that ladies portion size was HUGE! Picture a large cottage cheese container.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:35 PM

186 posts, read 287,440 times
I just happened to be the first customer there on their first day! A coworker and I were looking for a place to eat and wandered in there. We didn't realize till after we ordered that we were the first patrons on their first day. Well ,it was a ton of food. I'd never had Pho before, so I can't compare, but it was really good. The server could just barely speak English and they were a little scattered that day (for good reason), but the food was great. I will definitely go back.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:49 AM

I went there today and commenting on what Phony (whoops, PhoKnee) said, the portion was pretty large even for a pho place.

I got Summer Roll with shrimp and the beef/meatball pho. The beef wasn't rare, which is what I am used to but the meatball, broth and noodles were quite good. The price was good and I would go back again. You get the usual condiments of lime, jalapeno and basil as well as plum sauce and sirachi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte