Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 12:19 PM

124 posts, read 440,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by par4 View Post
Better food choices would be great for Union County (Waxhaw/Weddington/etc). However, until the liquor laws change, no major restaurants will open here. It simply wouldn't make sense monetarily. As for Cureton, I too am dissapointed thus far withthe shopping options there. The pace of the retail development is very slow.

I am interested to learn what will be going into the new Prescott retail center just down the road from Cureton. Anyone know about this?

I casually stopped into the GS Carolina showroom thing in the Cureton Town Center and asked the woman there what was going on with the development of the place.

She told me that this spring they will be breaking ground on Phase 2 of the Cureton Town Center, which is set to include retail shops with condos over them (a la Birkdale Village), a small movie theater (2-3 screens, permits pending), Panera Bread has signed on, and the Lowes Home Improvement center breaks ground this winter (or spring). They're also looking at a "big box" retailer to set up there too. No names mentioned (but I've heard rumors of a Target).

I've seen surveyors out directly across from the main entrance to Cureton, so I guess they're getting ready to start that office park that's planned.

The only thing I've heard about Prescot Village is that there will be a building designated for civic use, and the style of the buildings will be such that it will look more like an older town that's been developing over the years rather than a new mall with uniform-looking buildings. Other than the architectural diversity, I haven't heard anything more. Maybe someone who lives in Prescot knows a little more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 02:09 PM

620 posts, read 2,119,097 times
It looks like it is going to be office space. Does anyone know what is up with the land across from Marvin Creek (corner of Tom Short and Rea Rd)? They have the roads in place and built some sort of daycare there recently. What was going to go there and does anyone know if anything is planned at all?

Old 12-30-2007, 10:42 PM

40 posts, read 95,226 times
Prescott - this project will be, upon completion, approximately 490,000 sq ft of office and retail. For comparison, Stonecrest is about 420,000. At the time that the project was approved, there were no anchor tenants signed on although the developer has made some sort of offer to the Union County Library Board for a parcel and, reportedly, has been making overtures to businesses already located in Waxhaw.

I am guessing from some of the language in a prior post that you have seen the developers PR piece in the Observer. It sounds great when all you are looking at is the pretty pictures and the sales pitch. The problem with this project, however, is that it is being built on a floodplain and Providence Road is still, for all intents and purposes, a two-lane road.

As for Cureton, I understand that there will be a total of five phases of that project, one of which is intended to include a big-box store and the developer's preference - although he won't answer such a question directly - has always been for a Target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte