Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 06:39 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,931 times

Advertisements

I just saw a blurb on the news about this place...has anyone used them?

Lettuce Carry, The Grocery Store At Your Door!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 06:41 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,931 times
Default News story from WCNC

According to this news story, there is no delivery fee and no tipping allowed, and the prices are lower than the grocery store due to the warehouse quantities they purchase...

New Charlotte company brings groceries to your door, free of charge | WCNC.com Charlotte

Old 05-06-2012, 07:06 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,654,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
According to this news story, there is no delivery fee and no tipping allowed, and the prices are lower than the grocery store due to the warehouse quantities they purchase...

New Charlotte company brings groceries to your door, free of charge | WCNC.com Charlotte
I had to laugh at that article - Wow! A husband AND she works?! How does she possibly do it all? Oh, wait - there are the two dogs, too. We all know how hard it is to take DOGS to the grocery store!

It does sound like a great service - wish they had been around when the boys were toddlers!

Old 05-06-2012, 08:00 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times
I looked at the site and it says the meat and produce are local. I wonder where those products are coming from.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:15 PM

226 posts, read 693,722 times
I placed an order earlier today. It was easy to use, though they did call to reschedule the delivery as they have gotten a ton of business from the news story. My order will get here tomorrow between 4-6 pm. I'll update after that.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:50 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times
I checked out a few dozen items on their website, and their prices do seem to be at least in line with a grocery store, if not better in some cases. I did find one Coffee Mate creamer where the 15 oz was priced like all the 32 oz versions. I suspect it's an error.

That menu system is tedious.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:11 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,184,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I looked at the site and it says the meat and produce are local. I wonder where those products are coming from.
Well, they used to have FOUR dogs.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 PM

226 posts, read 693,722 times
They did pretty well and seem eager to please. There was an error on their site regarding the price vs amount of one thing we bought and when we pointed it out, they immediately offered to send more. I left a comment about wanting another item and they brought it on the truck. The greens we bought seemed to go soft a little faster than those we buy at the regular grocery store, but I'm sure if we had complained, they would replace those too. Most things seem in line with what we would get at the grocery store, I would recommend them unless you are very attached to certain brands they don't carry (and even then, they may work with you to stock that brand if you bring it up). I like that you can use their shopping cart as a grocery list & then just check out to trigger the delivery.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,422 times
Today I tried this service. It was fantastic! The site was easy. I went to check out 3 different times and remembered something else I needed. It was easy to go back and add on prior to completing my order. I found the prices reasonably close to the regular grocery store. The service was superb. I will definitely be a repeat customer. Thank you!!!!!

Old 11-20-2013, 07:55 PM

372 posts, read 723,623 times
I put my order in last night, set the delivery time for 12-2pm today and right at 12pm, everything was there.

Left a message for Jennifer with a question and she called me back 5 mins later. Very pleasant and professional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: