Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 04:25 PM

15,361 posts, read 12,568,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard rawson View Post
I am not saying that Charlotte is a national magnet for foodies. I just can't stand when people stay stupid things when people from other places want to have serious discussions. Going to a place that is bad doesn't mean that the whole city is represented by that particular place.
I agree 100%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 05:05 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,373,864 times
You are trying to pick an argument with someone who is on your side, I fear.

Quote:
So you have been to all Mexican restaurants in the area and none are to your satisfaction? Don't you see where one might think that the statement is somewhat nonsensical. Do you have a clue how many Mexican restaurants and Mexicans are in the area?
The discussion earlier was about So-Cal Mexican. My point was if it didn't already exist in Charlotte, it's perfectly feasible that at some point in the future, it will. I never said there's no good Mexican food, authentic, Tex Mex or otherwise.

Quote:
Do you feel that this is pertinent to this discussion? I have had some absolutely awful food in Boston. But, that isn't the point and gives no creditability to the point.
Yes, I do. I was giving an example of how you can find good authentic cuisine far from the region in which it was traditional, and as such, in Charlotte you can probably find a good selection of ethnic/regional food if you look. It wasn't a Boston vs Charlotte slam. It was just an example of somewhere I had great Mexican food that was nowhere near the Mexican border.

Quote:
So, in your mind, Charlotte is stagnant and unchanging with 40,000 people coming to the area per years? That makes lots of sense. LOL!! This population explosion isn't new one either. Fourteen percent of the population of Charlotte is foreign. That blows your theories unfortunately.
No, I wasn't saying that. Again, you have completely misinterpreted what I said. My comment on stagnant and unchanging is that Charlotte is going through tremendous growth and change, but there are naysayers and grumblers who keep griping about the growth and change, and those who keep insisting that things suck in Charlotte and nothing will ever change and there's nowhere good to eat there. I do not believe this is the case and I am not one of those griping or complaining.

Quote:
I am not saying that Charlotte is a national magnet for foodies. I just can't stand when people stay stupid things when people from other places want to have serious discussions. Going to a place that is bad doesn't mean that the whole city is represented by that particular place.
On this, we agree!

Ultimately, all I was trying to say is that if Charlotte is lacking in certain areas in cuisine, then I find it likely that with it's continued rate of growth, that those gaps will be filled and that more restaurants and eateries will open if that's what the Charlotte area residents (and visitors) are truly demanding.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:53 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,373,864 times
Quote:
OZgal, Sorry for any misunderstandings. Apparently we're on the same page. Have a great weekend.
No worries! It's easy enough to do online. You have a good one too.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:26 PM

23 posts, read 37,173 times
Quote:
Good news!! The pace in Charlotte is not slower than that in San Diego. Slower pace means that people don't run around like a chicken with his head cut off causing ciaos. It has nothing to do with economics, productivity, or standard of living. It simply means that people are polite, efficient, and generally respect others. Other than weather, ocean, and the USN, San Diego is not much different. Most people I have met from San Diego are pleased with their move. Keep an open mind and you will be fine.
Thats great to hear! I'm looking forward to that type of lifestyle and esp nicer people. Thank you!!

Old 08-04-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
Moving from San Diego to Charlotte? Wow. I'd love to do the opposite.
I never thought about moving until my husband brought it up. I'm open to it and i figured why not change it up a bit?

Old 08-04-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_panther View Post
What kinds of activities are you looking for?
I have kids and I take them out on the weekends to Theme Parks like Disneyland, Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm, Six Flags, Seaworld, Aquatica etc....for my husband and I we like dance (hip hop) and have a few drinks. Does Charlotte have these type of places?

Old 08-04-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstimetomuskup View Post
Charlotte does have good food but you have to look for it and its not as abundant as other major metros. San Diego you can walk down the street have original or traditional amazing food. Ive been on trips where i didnt have one bad meal. Charlotte not so much, but you do have your home work and willing to drive. it will get better like every other growing metro. Foddies keep demanding more.
That's something I have to get used too. Living in SD you can drive 1 minute and your at a taco shop, grocery store, jack n box, subway, nail shops etc...everything is right there..The one thing I've noticed about Cali is that everyone Yelps..NC not so much.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstimetomuskup View Post
It is absolutely a slower pace of life here. Ive heard it from many people that come from big metros. And thats not a bad thing or an insult, people think traffic is bad here and I laughed my ass off the first time I went to downtown in "rush" hour. That was anytime of day in SF or LA. If gives people more time so spend with family. People spend more time with family, church etc. Dont know if you know anyone that live in LI and commutes to the city. Now thats a fast pace life. on a 5:20 train to the city back by 8 time to pat your kid on the head and get to bed for the next day. its a grind compared to here.
I commute 30mins to work and 1 hour and 30mins back home. To me, thats not that bad but living in LA is much worse.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slakkie View Post
There is no good SoCal like mexican food here. Period. Other than that (and the lack of an In N Out) it is great!
I don't think there's any good Mexican food other than SD, the further you are from the border the worse it gets lol. I live 30mins from the border so I know good mexican food. I love In n Out, glad to know they have it there.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Man i miss the Mexican food i used to get back at Oceanside and those late nights at in and out (tear) ,but i like the food scene here. Nice burrito place off south blvd and the owner is from San Diego. I almost cried when they told me they make Carne Asada Fries. Acutally my boyfriend cried harder lol. Litte taste of home right down the street. Its called Burrito Factory. (P.S. my bf is from San Diego)

The Burrito Factory
5920 South Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28219
Open today
11:00 am – 9:00 pm
OMG!!!!! A PLACE THAT MAKES CARNE ASADA FRIES OTHER THAN SD!!! Thats freakin amazing!!!! I"m saving this address
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte