U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 08:11 PM

9 posts, read 26,695 times

Advertisements

We're out of state & I've just been cruising the mls listing (maybe on weichert site-?) to see what's out there in the midwood, chantilly, elizabeth, etc. (I'm searching the listings for zips- 28211, 28205 &28204). Some of the ones I'm interested in list the school/community as "Midwood". We haven't yet enlisted the help of a realtor, but I've heard they are limited on the school information they can (accurately) give a client. I realize this may not be possible, but what's the best way we can find out what elementary, middle & high school we could expect to be zoned for as we are searching online? Or, could some of the Charlotte realtors better explain what I need or how I need to be asking this when we find a realtor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 08:15 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,229,486 times
Frank,

Use the following link. Just enter in the exact address and it will provide a wealth of information.

http://maps.co.mecklenburg.nc.us/website/addressinformationcenter/default2.php (broken link)

Old 12-20-2007, 08:17 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,555,697 times
Try this site for CMS:

http://maps.co.mecklenburg.nc.us/website/addressinformationcenter/default2.php (broken link)

Enter the address, then click "Go" There will be different tabs to choose from, schools being one of them.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:21 PM

Uhh, you just posted the exact same thing.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:26 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,560,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Great realtor minds all think alike

Old 12-20-2007, 08:33 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,555,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
LOL apparently you type a little bit faster than I do

Old 12-20-2007, 08:44 PM

You guys rock-thanks for the info. Loves, I read on a previous(I think it was you) that some really established areas don't really have to worry about reassignments. Would the areas we are looking in be considered as "established"? We're a long way from high school (baby, 4yr old & a 1st grader), but I've heard great things about Myers Park, so we're starting our search there.
Thanks again for the prompt info.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:48 PM

Myers Park HS is an excellent choice. I attended that school as well as both of my younger siblings.

There are areas around this school that you shouldn't worry about reassignment. Almost of all of the area around Myers Park has been established for quite some time. If you get a chance to visit Selwyn Elementary, Alexander Graham Middle, and Myers Park High go for it. They are all packed in together but still seperated by walking/natural trails.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:42 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,560,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
You guys rock-thanks for the info. Loves, I read on a previous(I think it was you) that some really established areas don't really have to worry about reassignments. Would the areas we are looking in be considered as "established"? We're a long way from high school (baby, 4yr old & a 1st grader), but I've heard great things about Myers Park, so we're starting our search there.
Thanks again for the prompt info.
That is correct - in the established parts of Charlotte reassignment is a nonissue - unless you as a parent want to request a magnet school or alternative school that your neighborhood is not zoned for. You are looking in THE most establised areas of the city Can you tell us your price range?

Old 12-21-2007, 07:29 AM

Still waiting on our relocation package, so our range is a little fuzzy- maybe $350-550-? We need at least a 4 BR- Am I being unrealistic in looking in this area? We are leaving the option open of buying less than 4BR & doing a renovation, but didn't know if this is realistic either. Thanks for your input
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or