U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 09:37 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,005,665 times

Advertisements

Nearly every car at Carmax is overpriced. They're constantly above NADA book value on their cars. They have good cars no doubt, but they want top dollar for them. No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 12:11 PM

403 posts, read 764,016 times
I know that this is going to sound stupid to some of you, but I had to have another account from my business...which is KBelle09....and being the old person that I am...I forgot my password so I can't get into it from that site. Anyway, I didn't want anyone to think that I was not appreciatative of the information that everyone is giving...because I so appreciate everyone...that is taking their most precious time to provide me with support and information.
This situation occurred with Scott Clark Toyota.....I should have known something was up....but I wanted to believe that there was honesty in this deal...because I was being honest. So I fell for it "HOOK....LINE and SINKER".....I guess you might call me the Fish that got Hooked!!
I will take what info that has been provided....and work on getting ready for the next big proformance. I hope others....will try to provide any more ideas on what I can do.
As a business owner, I just find it hard to believe that people can get away with the tactic that were used on me. I know that I was just a small fish in the ocean...and no one is going to pay attention to this situation...but wouldn't it be nice if it would at least slow down....how do salesmen live with themselves...without any integrity? Ohhh, I know......money talks!!
Thanks again......

Old 08-09-2014, 03:46 PM

654 posts, read 515,228 times
Edmunds.com has "True Market Value" (TMV) prices, which tell you the invoice price and what people in your area are paying and lays out all of the options. I usually just walk in the dealership and tell them I want a fair deal for both sides and want to pay the TMV and show them the printout. You can negotiate under this price a bit, but it takes all the mystery out of it.

Old 08-09-2014, 04:34 PM

UDcc123......I told North (of a deal that went South) last Monday....when he told me to "come on down"...that I wanted to make an offer. I told him 14500....and I told him that I knew what the Fair Market value was...but didn't offer that information. What I found out was it was $12573....so I added...and told him so...for the good mileage and the cover for the bed...and came up with 14500. He asked if I would go to 14900....and I told him yes. I asked him what the monthly payments would be and he told me....474.00, and I agreed. My plans had been to purchase this truck for our company....and two more in less than a year with trade ins.....of course, all of those plans are out the window for the time being. Another thing that I feel was very odd...was that he asked me for my insurance information.
I can't get over how helpful everyone has been....I appreciate what you wrote.....I have learned a very good lesson. Thank you.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:42 AM

345 posts, read 719,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC Nurse View Post
My ex owns a car dealership and he told me years ago that his salesmen are 'reprimanded' for selling cars advertised in the newspaper or online. They are deals meant to get people to inquire about a certain car or truck, not to actually sell that particulate vehicle. It's a ploy to get you onto the lot, and sell you another car or truck. It's just my experience from what he told me.
That sounds like "bait and switch" and is illegal in some states, not sure in North Carolina.

The whole Toyota dealership fiasco sounds like a disorganized mess with no channels of communication between management. The whole bait and switch is such bad customer service IMO. It can be painful to have to go through a "live and learn" situation like this but now we know if a person doesn't feel right about something, you are probably correct and should walk away.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:51 AM

345 posts, read 719,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylbeth View Post
As a business owner, I just find it hard to believe that people can get away with the tactic that were used on me. I know that I was just a small fish in the ocean...
It doesn't matter - customers should not have these unethical tactics dumped on them. A paying customer is what keeps a place in business. I must admit I don't know anything about how a car dealership operates, but if I were the owner of a car dealership, any advertised vehicle would have already had the dings and bumps repaired before it hit the print. If someone called and was qualified to buy the vehicle it would be ready to deliver the day they qualify.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:15 PM

You are so right mkforu.....no one should have to go through what I went through....the deceit is what bothers me sooo much. No business should have to work that way. I do realize there are different types of employees that you have to hire, not knowing anything about them...but I feel that this trade needs to weeds some of the damaged employees out, or give them a choice...my way or the highway!!
I feel that Hollywood, Harpoonalt, and Big Aristotle would be great in some kind of business venture.....that would be geared to help customers go through all the @%@% and games that are played on paying customers. People that just want to get a car/truck shouldn't have to deal with that. Just look in any dealership, and you will see people wanting to buys cars....just sitting for hours...waiting and waiting....to be worn down by the vultures and their games.
On another note....as I believe I said before....I checked back to see if the truck was still there online...and sure enough it was...and for less. Sooooo I filled out their form...and guess what....I got two letters...first telling me of the wonderful choice I had made to inquire about the truck....and another telling me that I should come and take a test drive!! So what did I do.....I replied to both of them....telling them to go to Charlottecitydata.com...to the Forum....to see what I think about my choice and the test drive!! Later on I got a call from North (of the deal gone South)....I didn't answer him....and he didn't leave a message. I wonder what story line he was going to give me? To be a Sales "Manager"...you would think he would be a bit above the salesman...and know what was going on. I won't say anything about his competency, but to keep a customer on the hook for as long as he did....you have to give him credit for being a real jerk.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:32 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,005,665 times
Went to a certain Ford dealer on Independence Blvd yesterday, tried to test drive a Ford Fiesta...was told we had to have a deal in place in order to test drive. Wow. Good thing they're not in the business of selling cars for a living. Oh wait...

Old 08-10-2014, 12:59 PM

Hollywood......That is totally crazy!! No one should have to do that....you should have been allowed to "test drive" just to see if the care had the type of drive you wanted. Besides, most will ask for your drivers license...so while you are gone they can run and check to make sure of who you say you are...plus any other things that they can get about you. I understand that....so that someone who might have other ways of getting a new car, won't be tempted to drive away with it. Usually, they have a salesperson go with people that want to test drive.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:35 PM

3,819 posts, read 5,175,469 times
I used to work for a car dealership outside of Charlotte. While I don't care for the owner (he doesn't treat his employees very well), the staff has always been great. Although some salesman are definitely better than others. To the OP, if you are still in the market, it is not a Toyota dealership, but I can give you the name of a salesman that will take care of you. (Or anyone else who is interested). Feel free to send a PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or