U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 01:38 PM

2,447 posts, read 6,641,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nail in da coffin View Post
Same here. LIve in the 9 to 12 oclock quadrant of Meck and cant report sightings here.
I live in Steele Creek and I've never seen a dog in a (non pet) store. That must be a Lake Norman area thing!

Quote:
I must say this is a major plus for me to move to Charlotte and I'm sure my fiance feels the same way.
Don't get too excited wvuwhat - While Charlotte is full of dog lovers, this is not the norm here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 12:59 AM

92 posts, read 286,864 times
I personally am allergic to nagging loud women in stores, but have to deal with it....

As for the dogs...YES, I have seen numerous little ankle biting twit dogs in grocery stores, Lowes, the flooring store I visited...they were all being carried...It's weird, I'm not that offended but....

I'm modifying a duffel bag and carrying my 50lb black lab into Harris Teeter and then Lowes and Target....wouldn't that be a sight....

Old 12-27-2007, 06:06 AM

1,808 posts, read 5,857,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn2shoes View Post
I'm modifying a duffel bag and carrying my 50lb black lab into Harris Teeter and then Lowes and Target....wouldn't that be a sight....
Thanks for the chuckle, lyn2shoes! I can just picture it now...

Personally, I wouldn't even consider bringing my dog into a grocery store (he's a beagle and would try to eat everything in sight!). But, I don't have a problem with people sitting outside at a casual restaurant with their dogs. In fact, I've done this many times... my dog is usually lying under the table waiting for some food to hit the floor. We either bring him to places that we know are dog friendly, or we call to check with management first to make sure that it is okay to have our dog along with us. And even then, we try to find a corner, out of the way table so we aren't bothering other diners. For us, it is a privilege to be able to have our dog with us, and we do everything in our power to make sure he isn't being a nuisance, whether it be to the staff or the other patrons. We don't want to be "that couple" or "that dog" that gets on everyone's nerves.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:35 AM

755 posts, read 2,241,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
I live in Steele Creek and I've never seen a dog in a (non pet) store. That must be a Lake Norman area thing!
I saw a woman with a dog in her cart at the Home Depot at RiverGate.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:57 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,762,569 times
There is a dog bar in NODA and dogs are always welcome at Barbara's Canine Cafe in South End and Wags of Baxter in Baxter Village.

Many Charlotte restaurants allow dogs on their patios. Jackalope Jacks on 7th is one of them.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:46 AM

2,447 posts, read 6,641,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
I saw a woman with a dog in her cart at the Home Depot at RiverGate.
I did notice today that Harris Teeter has a "No Pets Allowed" sign.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:53 AM

109 posts, read 562,250 times
Default Don't Move to Europe

Don't move to Europe, you folks who don't want to see dogs everywhere.

I lived in Europe for about 4 years and dogs go EVERYWHERE except grocery stores. Drugstores, department stores, the train, restaurants, dry cleaners, you name it. Its quite wonderful for those of us with dogs who like to take our friends with us when we're out. Many people WALK to stores, etc., so taking the dog in is great. Also I've seen big dogs sitting patiently without a leash, of couse, in front of the Aldi waiting while their owner shopped.

Charlotte just went up in my opinion as a dog friendly place.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:03 AM

7 posts, read 21,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
There is a dog bar in NODA and dogs are always welcome at Barbara's Canine Cafe in South End and Wags of Baxter in Baxter Village.

Many Charlotte restaurants allow dogs on their patios. Jackalope Jacks on 7th is one of them.

I heard Jackalope's is moving over to central by the EB and penguin. Any truth to that?

Old 12-28-2007, 07:35 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,475,771 times
I see dogs in Lowe's in Lake Norman all the time. I had no problem with it until we went down the aisle and there was a land mind waiting for us.

If you take your dog in there PLEASE clean up after it. That goes for you folk that walk around the neighborhood and leave your mark behind. Its ok if you leave it in your yard but I do not want my kid playing football or whatever at the playground and to fall in your dogs mess.

Thanks!!

P.S. We are a dog loving family

Old 12-28-2007, 08:33 AM

153 posts, read 431,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
I see dogs in Lowe's in Lake Norman all the time. I had no problem with it until we went down the aisle and there was a land mind waiting for us.

If you take your dog in there PLEASE clean up after it. That goes for you folk that walk around the neighborhood and leave your mark behind. Its ok if you leave it in your yard but I do not want my kid playing football or whatever at the playground and to fall in your dogs mess.

Thanks!!

P.S. We are a dog loving family
AMEN!

And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE dogs. Unless the dog wants to bite, eat, kill me... I love it. I have seen little onese in Lowe's up here, too. One of my favorite things to do is go to Birkdale on a nice day. I so enjoy seeing all the doggies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte